Odd pubs are gone - update another pub gone this weekend the shamrock Bengal St

Good riddance to it then.

Because?

A pub is allowed to have it's own opinion, you can choose to not drink in it.

And yes sands was pira, but he did his time and became an mp after, shirley the epitome of british values that criminals will be forgiven.

Unless you are a staunch backward thinking orange lodge DUP living in th e 80s member why would it matter.

Also before I get accused or not u derstndi g, I am an ex squady stuff.

My family were involved n the troubles, my uncle was shot twice as an RUC oficer by the IRA so my comments are not from some love of the cunts.

Last edited:
Because?

A pub is allowed to have it's own opinion, you can choose to not drink in it.

And yes sands was pira, but he did his time and became an mp after, shirley the epitome of british values that criminals will be forgiven.

Unless you are a staunch backward thinking orange lodge DUP living in th e 80s member why would it matter
I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking it's poor form for a pub in a city bombed by the IRA, to display a picture in homage to one of their members.

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking it's poor form for a pub in a city bombed by the IRA, to display a picture in homage to one of their members.

Was bobby sands the bomber on either ocassion?

What I am saying is bobby sand was seen by many Irish as a symbol of freedom and the fight against oppression, couple that with he never actually killed anyone (was imprisoned before he acultually could).

No one has a picture of the eniskilin and warrington bomber behind a bar do they, saying because you were PIRA so you are all the same is simplistic, like I said my Uncle was a high ranking RUC officer, yet still knows and trust PIRA members as good for the NI itself

Last edited:
Was bobby sands the bomber on either ocassion?

What I am saying is bobby sand was seen by many Irish as a symbol of freedom and the fight against oppression, couple that with he never actually killed anyone (was imprisoned before he acultually could).

No one has a picture of the eniskilin and warrington bomber behind a bar do they, saying because you were PIRA so you are all the same is simplistic, like I said my Uncle was a high ranking RUC officer, yet still knows and trust PIRA members as good for the NI itself
Show me where I said he was?

I know how he is seen by many, I'm not an idiot, so stop with your condescending bullshit eh?

I just think it is utterly disrespectful towards the city this landlord has called home, and accepted him, to display such a picture, it's not hard to work out why.

Show me where I said he was?

I know how he is seen by many, I'm not an idiot, so stop with your condescending bullshit eh?

I just think it is utterly disrespectful towards the city this landlord has called home, and accepted him, to display such a picture, it's not hard to work out why.

Where am I being condescending?

Never said you said sand was the bomber but yoiu asumed his PIRA membership many years before as relevent to the second bombimg of manchester.

I have no love for the IRA but Bobby Sands did his time and then served as a member of parliament, his picture behind a bar should not concern anyone.

Anyway it is a redundent arguement that belongs in our bitter past

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.