Ode To Anthony H Wilson

Mad Eyed Screamer

Hard to believe it has been 10 years.....
This poem from Manc poet Mike Garry, is set to the backdrop of Joy Division's 'Atmosphere' and the video features a who's who of Manc music legends, Terry Christian, Richard Madeley, Christopher Eccleston, Steve Coogan and others. All of New Order are in it except Hooky!
It is an enjoyable ode, until it gets all raggy towards the end.

Love him / hate him..... everyone has a view.... personally I'm in the love camp....

Hard to believe it has been 10 years.....
This poem from Manc poet Mike Garry, is set to the backdrop of Joy Division's 'Atmosphere' and the video features a who's who of Manc music legends, Terry Christian, Richard Madeley, Christopher Eccleston, Steve Coogan and others. All of New Order are in it except Hooky!
It is an enjoyable ode, until it gets all raggy towards the end.

Love him / hate him..... everyone has a view.... personally I'm in the love camp....

Manchester music legends, but no Moz, but then him and Tony didn't see eye to eye, did they.

Great video, and for a good cause too.

He was a top man. Heart as always in the right place even if his head was not. This city would have been a far duller place without his vision. Strange how Hooky is not in it though.

Plus its an excuse to post this

I like the fact that its been done to raise money for charity but I think all this is becoming a bit scouse ie lets revel in the past in a 'we had the beatles' kind of way
Where my view has always been that whilst as Mancunians we are proud of our past we were always starting or getting ready for the next big thing

I like the fact that its been done to raise money for charity but I think all this is becoming a bit scouse ie lets revel in the past in a 'we had the beatles' kind of way
Where my view has always been that whilst as Mancunians we are proud of our past we were always starting or getting ready for the next big thing

What is the next big thing though? Manchester is no longer individual and a leading light in popular culture. It is just another City of the pop idol generation where all the kids have haircuts like Morrisey had 20 years ago, beards, sleeve tattoos down their arms and all wear woolly jumpers. Manchester might as well be any other City now.

What this City needs now is an individual like Wilson who is willing to lead the way rather than follow the crowd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.