Office Help

merty-b-

I am running Office XP and when I am using word or Outlook for typing it freezes every 30 seconds. Can anyone help?

When you say freezes, do you mean stops completely and requires a reboot, or temporarily pauses then catches up ?

If it's the latter, are you running lots of other applications in the background at the same time (messenger, realplayer etc) ?

You could be running out of memory/process capacity and the system pauses while it pages memory.

Do you know how much RAM you have in your PC as Windows XP is quite memory hungry ?

Walshy said:
When you say freezes, do you mean stops completely and requires a reboot, or temporarily pauses then catches up ?

If it's the latter, are you running lots of other applications in the background at the same time (messenger, realplayer etc) ?

You could be running out of memory/process capacity and the system pauses while it pages memory.

Do you know how much RAM you have in your PC as Windows XP is quite memory hungry ?

Yeh it pauses every so often. I have got 1gig of ram.

Well it sounds like you have enough RAM.

Probably worth while clearing your internet cache and run a disk cleanup to clear out any old temp files .. START/AllPrograms/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Cleanup

Then defragment your disk .... START/AllPrograms/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Defragmenter

Then I would download the above malware checker and run it to dispose of any nasties.

When you are using Word, try not to have too many other applications running at the same time ...Messenger, Media Player etc...

Hope this helps ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.