Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

ICT-Tam said:
Yes, didn't include them there as he is technically still there player. I was mentioning teams he could transfer to.

This is about money. It can be dressed up as many ways as you like, but the fact is, he wants his 13 million or he will see out his contract and demand it as a signing on fee elsewhere. rags are priced out of the market.

ICT-Tam said:
Yes, they added two attacking players but neither of them have the appeal that either Ronaldo or Tevez had. You saw the mixed reaction from their arrogant fans, Owen is a punch in the dark as to whether he will be succesful. Its obvious BaconFace is attempting to do one of his "Cantona" jobs on him, Berbatov is awful and a waste of time. So that only leaves Rooney and a couple of decent youngsters who will slot in for the other 30 games when Owen is injured, realistically they need a forward who can play often and well, Eto'o is the only accessible striker left. Fair enough they maybe can't offer the same money but they can offer champions league football.

so you think they will just drop berbatov? fergie is a stubborn **** and will want to prove that he didnt waste 30 million on him, rooney is likely to start most games when fit and when either of these two are injured or need resting then owen will come in. i doubt another 28/29 year old striker is top of their priorities. i think the only reason they are linked with eto'o is because he is a top class striker and everyone else is unavailable to them, people think that if he is interested in us then he must be interested in them. He probably isnt on their radar, certainly not at the amount we are willing to pay barca or eto'o himself.

United said they wouldn't buy anyone over the age of 26. (They still technically haven't because there was no fee involved with Owen.) So I can't see them spending £25m on a 28 year old striker who could question Fergie if he dropped him/subbed him.

heatonmoorblue said:
ICT-Tam said:
Yes, they added two attacking players but neither of them have the appeal that either Ronaldo or Tevez had. You saw the mixed reaction from their arrogant fans, Owen is a punch in the dark as to whether he will be succesful. Its obvious BaconFace is attempting to do one of his "Cantona" jobs on him, Berbatov is awful and a waste of time. So that only leaves Rooney and a couple of decent youngsters who will slot in for the other 30 games when Owen is injured, realistically they need a forward who can play often and well, Eto'o is the only accessible striker left. Fair enough they maybe can't offer the same money but they can offer champions league football.

so you think they will just drop berbatov? fergie is a stubborn **** and will want to prove that he didnt waste 30 million on him, rooney is likely to start most games when fit and when either of these two are injured or need resting then owen will come in. i doubt another 28/29 year old striker is top of their priorities. i think the only reason they are linked with eto'o is because he is a top class striker and everyone else is unavailable to them, people think that if he is interested in us then he must be interested in them. He probably isnt on their radar, certainly not at the amount we are willing to pay barca or eto'o himself.

They arent even interested though mate. The flapping began because some two bit radio presenter thought they should be in for him.

blueblood007 said:
Anythink in the morning papers guys?

All about Terry, City going back, Terry sources indicate he is interested, We pay 300k a Week, Etc..

You know the script!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.