Official City v Sunderland thread

Brucie Bonus said:
Sigh of relief after playing a BAD 10-man team - suffering with a ton of yellows as well - at COMS?

Good result. Some good performances, but some really, really, really shit finishing and selfish play.

It really should have been a nine man team ...... Bardsley will never know how he escaped gettin' a second yellow there!

A great win. Must've been a lot of tired legs out there after Thursday. Pretty much ensures our safety and Boj looked immense.

notreallyhere said:
poor game but it's the three points that matters, job done. Fuckin awful penalty mind...

I didn't think it was that bad really , never boring ...... was full of incident of one kind or another ...... although the ref did his best to spoil it by booking half the players on the field , and sendin' off another ...... some great saves though , and we probably should have had up to eight goals ourselves!

Terrible penalty i agree ..... but we got the points.

The injuries to kompany and Richards don't look too good though.

Me too a win is a win three points in the bag move up to 38 9 points above any threat of relegation. We can still get 7th spot. Two weeks off to get players rested, tell the international managers all our players are fucked and ain't playin for them. Do a fergi.

Overall a pretty good result I think. Was a bit worried about Thursday nights game and what it would take out of us, but despite a few worries I think it was reasonably comfortable.

Would like to see us be a bit smarter trying to beat 10 men though, it's not rocket science.

Good win, a little jittery at times.
Yes the penalty was bad & Elano should have taken it and we should have had more goals but let's focus on the positives we won FFS!!!

moomba said:
Would like to see us be a bit smarter trying to beat 10 men though, it's not rocket science.

Disagree with this - I think we played the 10 men perfectly. Passed it, made the pitch as large as possible and bided our time. It was working as we created lots of chances which is more than we could say about the Stoke game. Not taking those chances had nothing to do with how we went about our business against 10 men but more about our lack of conviction at times. And with it still at just 1-0 there was obviously going to be edgy moments in the final 10 minutes as Sunderland pushed everybody forward. For the large part though against the 10 men we were comfortable, created space, opportunities and ultimately the goal we needed.

notreallyhere said:
poor game but it's the three points that matters, job done. Fuckin awful penalty mind...
Poor game? Rubbish.

It was very good from a City point of view. We were totally dominant, and created lots of chances. I liked the way we retained possession throughout the game. Sometimes it's not easy to play 10 men, but we did it perfectly

Not easy to judge Sunderland, but I don't think they had 1 effort on goal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.