official city vs wigan

in today´s match Richards, Kompany and Barry were booking. I think all three can´t play against reading because they took 5 yellow cards.

anyone can confirm if they all are ou of sunday´s game?

cheers from brazil

7th game is 21 days it takes it toll - and if 2 of the 4/5 mis placed passes Silva made in the box in the 1st half had found their target then its all over by half time. Wigan got a point at anfield last week they arent a bad outfit

The league table would say we are better then Spurs so would the goal difference but why let facts get in the way of a good old moan

It's another win 9 and 1 draw in the last 10 at home long time since we have done that - NOW thats improvement

Lot of posts on here regarding the players being exhausted after a long run of games. Other teams have just a congested fixture list as ours i.e. Rags, Spuds, Gooners.... They dont look "exhausted".....im questioning whether the training load the players are doing is too high? Football has a lot of money in it, but i spoke with a coach involved at UK Athletics tonight (a fellow city fan and who was an apprentice at bolton wanderers about 4 years back), he said that football is still way behind where it should be in strength and conditioning despite the millions involved in the sport. Its a tricky balancing act getting players to the right level of fitness but then allowing them to access this fitness in games without being to fatigued to show it. Hope Mancini isnt constantly beasting them. We seem to be getting a few non contact injuries which is a sign of overtraining/fatigue. The players need to be fresh for the Chelsea, Sunderland, Tottenham run. I think we need 6-7 points out of those 3 games to ensure 4th.

Mad_fer_it said:
Other teams have just a congested fixture list as ours i.e. Rags, Spuds, Gooners.... They dont look "exhausted".....im questioning whether the training load the players are doing is too high?

There are training reports on here from those that watch training, and I've not seen one recently which would suggest ours are being over trained, most describe training as "light", from eye witnesses.

Mad_fer_it said:
Other teams have just a congested fixture list as ours i.e. Rags, Spuds, Gooners.... They dont look "exhausted".....im questioning whether the training load the players are doing is too high?
I think one thing that helps is Champion's League matches tend to be played on Wednesday and there is often a longer break between them. Look how sloppy Spuds were against Blackpool. They're feeling effects too.

Mad_fer_it said:
Lot of posts on here regarding the players being exhausted after a long run of games. Other teams have just a congested fixture list as ours i.e. Rags, Spuds, Gooners.... They dont look "exhausted".....im questioning whether the training load the players are doing is too high?.

Don't forget we've had a lot of injuries and we don't have the depth of squad that the rags/arse etc have.

We just haven't got two quality players for every position - or if we have one has been injured resulting in the remaining one being played week in week out.

Was it fourteen regular players we had to choose from against Aris?

SWP, Milner injured, Kolo out for the forseeable future. Looks like we've got some of them coming back now though - Vinny and NDJ back and AJ not far off.

I think one thing that helps is Champion's League matches tend to be played on Wednesday and there is often a longer break between them. Look how sloppy Spuds were against Blackpool. They're feeling effects too.

Thats true. But yes i can see us looking more solid now we have NDJ and Kompany back. Zab put in another good shift at LB...tho you could see he was bing pushed to his limits all day. Tevez i think looked tired too. He needs a rest somewhere. Maybe against Reading?

Barry clearly looks nakard too. Gave away possession far to easily and took a ages to decide which pass to pick out. When will Milner be back? He was on the bench last week but didnt make the team this weekend? I know he had hamstring trouble, anyone know whats happened to him now? Could really do with him back!

Strongest team now for me would be (when milner comes back)

................Hart.......................
Zab...Lescott...Kompany...Richards
..........NDJ.......Milner.................
Silva.........Yaya.............Balotelli
..............Tevez.......................

[
quote="Mad_fer_it"]Lot of posts on here regarding the players being exhausted after a long run of games. Other teams have just a congested fixture list as ours i.e. Rags, Spuds, Gooners.... They dont look "exhausted".....im questioning whether the training load the players are doing is too high?
Whats your point none of them won this weekend - the league is a funny one this year bottom 3 to 9th is 6 points so no easy games this season. Last year 31 points kept you up this year it may take 41 plus

Lets not get carried away here we are still 3rd and moving forward

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.