Official Match Day Thread: City v Stoke (Pt 2)

lionheart

Unless Arsenal fail to beat Villa today, I would rest several players for Tuesday's game, viz:

Hart (simply because of the aerial threat, otherwise Given)
Zabaleta
Kompany
Boyota
McGovern
Vieira
Milner
Barry
Johnson
Dzeko
Balotelli

Subs.
Given
Richards
Kolarov
De Jong
Toure
Silva
Tevez

Kolarov, Džeko and Balotelli need to start both games, as Kolarov and Džeko still have some settling to do, whilst Balotelli still needs to prove himself.

Arsenal lost 2-1 so full strength unless they're carrying a knock.

:D

_______________Hart_______________
Zabaleta__Kompany__Lescott__Kolarov
_______________Džeko______________

Give Richards a rest though, as he's always likely to break himself and miss half of next season...

I'd want to play Tévez, but I think now that we have 4th secured Balotelli, Džeko and Silva need some more time together...Džeko could do with getting a goal or two in these last matches...

keemcfc said:
Kolarov, Džeko and Balotelli need to start both games, as Kolarov and Džeko still have some settling to do, whilst Balotelli still needs to prove himself.

Arsenal lost 2-1 so full strength unless they're carrying a knock.

:D

_______________Hart_______________
Zabaleta__Kompany__Lescott__Kolarov
_______________Džeko______________

Give Richards a rest though, as he's always likely to break himself and miss half of next season...

I'd want to play Tévez, but I think now that we have 4th secured Balotelli, Džeko and Silva need some more time together...Džeko could do with getting a goal or two in these last matches...

personally I'd love to see that line up too....

Got an exam till 7 in leeds, gonna hop on a train and try and make the 2nd half, anyone know if they stop letting people in at any point?

Same again Bert if we are winning with 20 left you can change it then, no let ups, no cock ups, no more typical city, get the job done and three points please.

I was just about to make this tppic! arghhhhhhhh! :(

I'd have:

-----------------------Hart

Richards------Lescott------Kompany------Zabaleta

----------------De Jong---Milner

-----Johnson---------Y.Toure----------Silva

--------------------Tevez/Dzeko

Freestyler said:
I was just about to make this tppic! arghhhhhhhh!
It's no good leaving it to the day before the game. Get your finger out next time. Anyway, now that we need the victory, I will revamp my original selection. However, Zabaleta, Milner, Dzeko and Johnson should definitely still play. Silva took a knock or three at Wembley and can be kept on the bench until the second half. Ideally, we play with Tevez for 45 mins and with Silva for 45 mins. If we cannot comprehensively beat a tired, deflated and demoralised Stoke with those players, we need shooting. We need to keep some fresh legs for Bolton.

I was jesting with a friend that this is so typical of City. Get 4th nailed on with 2 games to go, win the FA cup, don't need anything from our last two games of the season, we can all go to CoMS and just have a 90 minute song and dance, without a care in the world, followed by a lap of honor with the Fa Cup, smashing you say!!

Well, no. Now the match means something again. And we have to win, again. Blimey I mean, any let up? Just a little?

It's brilliant of course :D Just amusing. Just when we had a chance to have an easy ride as City fans, it's snatched away from us :p

Regarding this match anything can happen really. Cup hangover for City? Dejected Stoke? Resurgent 'you ain't beating us twice' Stoke? Storming 'We're having 3rd place and there's nothing you can do about it' City?

Wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in as many pairs of fresh legs as we can do. Milner certainly, Dzeko, SWP.. Presume Etherington will still be out, Huth may have gone a few steps too far on Saturday. Time to put the depth to test again I suppose, unless the players from the final are fired up and ready to storm on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.