Official Match Day Thread: City v Stoke (Pt 2)

MCFC BOB said:
The result of this game depends entirely on Mancini's mindset before kick-off; is he content to finish fourth and go through the Champions League qualifiers, or does he want to push on and overtake Arsenal? Arsenal have a tricky away game at Fulham on the last day, but it is a game that they are more than capable of winning if they just discover an end product. If Mancini is happy with fourth, his choice of line-up could be:

Hart; Richards, Kompany, Boyata, Kolarov; Vieira, de Jong, Milner; Silva, Dzeko, Wright-Phillips.

However, if Mancini sees that third is well and truly in our hands, I feel he'll take a more attacking approach and overwhelm a deflated Stoke. We'll both be as tired as each other, but Stoke will be downbeat after Saturday's events. If Mancini wants to go for all three points and really hammer Stoke and do our goal difference some good, I feel he'll go with this:

Hart; Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Zabaleta; de Jong, Milner, Yaya Toure; Silva, Tevez, Balotelli.

Anyway, my prediction is that we'll win 5-0. We created enough chances to win by 6 or 7 on Saturday in the final, and if Begovic had been in goal that day, it may have been more of a convincing scoreline.

Funny you say that if Begovic stood in goal city would have won by a larger margin, he is keeping Sorensen on the bench isn't he...at least there will be a chance to see why he is Stoke's number one tomorrow...

----------------------------The wall-----------------------------
Dark Rush-----The Dominator---Punisher--------Kolarocket-
------------------Interceptor------Pitbull-----------------------
Ajinsky-----------------Wizards Sleeve----------The Nuts-----
-------------------------Argie Bargie----------------------------

Dont understand why people want Mancini to rest the best players ,and play squad players.
Play your best team ,we have 2 matches left.
All summer to have a rest...

this changes things a bit..team news for tomorrow. balotelli out with knee, tevez bench. Silva big doubt, knee.

tweeted by Ladyman

MadchesterCity said:
Racist.

;D

According to twit from the well connected Ian Ladyboy some bad news re injuries:

team news for tomorrow. balotelli out with knee, tevez bench. Silva big doubt, knee.

then later:

(Silva) less than 50 per cent. Will be more important to them on sun so why risk him? But he is at team hotel with them

Deepest Blue said:
According to twit from the well connected Ian Ladyboy some bad news re injuries:

team news for tomorrow. balotelli out with knee, tevez bench. Silva big doubt, knee.

then later:

(Silva) less than 50 per cent. Will be more important to them on sun so why risk him? But he is at team hotel with them

I f-ing HATE that!!!

I hate that Dzeko will start without team's best (maybe even only) creative midfielder in Silva, and without support by Balotelli or Tevez. Touches WILL be limited, eh...

Mancini MUST START Tevez tonight. Alongside Dzeko or on his own.

Silva-like backup midfielder is a TOP PRIORITY next season. You can't risk Silva going down an extended period of time without proper backup. You'll see tonight.

Back 5
SWP JM NdJ or PV YT AJ
ED

Making the best of it.

Milner has been pretty good the last few games and keeping it up will give him a chance to leapfrog Barry next season.
SWP would have a good chance to say goodbye to us with a big performance and he and AJ can switch wings during the game and hopefully give Dzeko some aerial service.
Wouldn't rule out a role for Jo tonight, either :(

MadchesterCity said:

Not a bad choice, but I would rename "The Nuts". How about "Box of frogs" !!!!

Whatever the selection and for whatever reason, the biggest factor tonight will be the support as it's the end of a long hard season and it's up to us lot to open up and give the lads a rousing chorus to lift them on the next to last step to the line.
If we give it our all, regardless of selection (and we will) then this one is another 3 points in the bag and Bolton away will be the crunch.

I'm not speaking to anyone today 'cos I'm saving my vocals for later!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.