Official Supporters Club Membership 2023/24: Now Open

Can I ask if the cost of joining the supporters club is set by City or by each individual branch?

The Branches at the AGM IIRC. There are different terms / lengths of office for different roles IIRC.

Just in case you are not aware. There’s not a huge amount of competition for some of the roles because they involve making yourself available 7 days a week to help Blues / members, free of charge.
Another reason for lack of folk stepping forward to seek a position at the top table is being called a **** on here / other platforms everytime a decision is made

That’s about the last time there was ‘Branch’ travel. It’s been each man for himself for years now, for those of us down in Capital City. The train companies give us feck all
That’s sad. Ray was a stalwart with his impeccable organisation and we had some great, great trips.

Were you on the post-Agueroooooo trip back? I think we had 75 on. There was one solitary non-Blue on our carriage trying to work on his laptop. I felt sorry for him!

That’s all good JRB. I have been to a few of the OSC AGMs and haven’t seen anyone contest a Committee role.

Occasionally, someone running a Branch gets involved with helping the Committee on a topic
I joined first time in 1979 and there has only been 2 general secretaries in those 44 years... Frank Horrocks and Kevin Parker. To my knowledge (and happy to be corrected) they have never been opposed at any AGM election.

Looks like the changes for next season could affect some branches, I suspect the club have done this because of the Istanbul ticketing distribution. Can’t say I’m against the changes but I’d much rather they targeted corporate allocations first.

Looks like the changes for next season could affect some branches, I suspect the club have done this because of the Istanbul ticketing distribution. Can’t say I’m against the changes but I’d much rather they targeted corporate allocations first.
Istanbul will be a factor but I think the changes will be more to do with having one person on ticketing in the OSC being unsustainable. The FA Cup and Champs League demands highlighted this.

The changes put more reliance on automation and the core ticket office system.

Last edited:
There’s been light shone on the mystery about why some Branches got their ticket allocations much later than others, apart from the Aardvark Branch. Many Branch email addresses didn’t have the name of the Branch in them including my own. The system was reliant on remembering which email was for which Branch. That’s changes now with North of 350 Branches. Every Branch email needs to have the branch name in the email, now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.