Official Tottenham Hotspur v Man City thread

Why on earth should we give Hughes more time!!?? why? He has had 100 million, and a full season. Look at Redknapp...he has inherrited a Ramos team and has done really well since he has been in charge. Hodgson has had tuppence compared with Hughes, but has done well. Hughes has NOT done well by any stretch of the imagination. He clearly has NO motivational qualities whatsoever. The game last week was a Derby...and look how flat it was. Since Hughes has implemented 'his team' all we see is def. mid players, fewer goals and no improvement. There are no valid reasons for him to stay. He is not the man to take us forward.

Bluemoon115 said:
Disturbance said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Bluestones said:
1-0 down, Sturridge and Boj on the bench and the clown brings on a third defensive midfielder. We are however making progress.....from 8th and Europe to 10th and no Europe...and he has only spent £100million or so. Definitely deserves a new contract.

Zabaleta is playing on the right wing, why are people struggling to grasp this?

No one is struggling to grasp it you muppet but he may as well have stayed on the bench for all the effect he's having

So you would have left an injured Elano on would you?

Do you know who's on the bench?????

Lets just simplify it, Hughes is a clueless cnut, the only matches we have ever seen him change is 2-0 half time leads in 2- 3 defeats, we are so negative it is unbelievable. as others mention, when is the thick cnut going to grasp that his tactics away from home fcuking suck.

And he wants recognition what for exactly??
Taking us backwards this season despite spending £100 000 000 ?

he never changes anything. Cant he see that that formation and tactics don't work? What does he hope to happen if he sticks to the same formation?

Throw on the Boj and switch to a 4-4-2

Bluemoon115 said:
Uneducated posts are great.

1) He's firstly a right back.
2) He played on the right quite a few times for Espanyol.

Also we had no-one else who could play there, what with our first two right wingers out injured.
he is a right back that plays def mid. To say he has played him at right wing does not make him effective on the right wing. He has no clue going forward. He should of brought sturridge on and played him on the right. Zaba does not have the pace to go past ekotto.

Brucie Bonus said:
reminded me of something I posted yesterday:

I found this on another forum:

Very interesting statistic in the Times today.

The last half hour

They did a league table of the premiership, counting points gained in the last half an hour of every game.

Not surprisingly manure was top with................ +16 points
BUT AT THE VERY BOTTOM WAS CITY with........ -10 points (MINUS 10!)

I'm not too sure what to make of this. My initial reaction is that the last half hour is when the fitness of the team shows, when the drive to win is manifest but also when the tactics can be changed and when appropriate substitutions should be made.

I would be very interested to hear other people's opinions.

I've searched The Times on-line and couldn't find it. Perhaps it's only in the print edition. Has anyone seen this?

Brucie, thanks for that - interesting stat.

But as somebody else mentioned there have been a couple of threads/posts about Hughes so let's leave this to after the game.

Disturbance said:
Do you know who's on the bench?????

Hart, Zabaleta, Bojinov, Fernandes, Mwaruwari, Sturridge, Berti.

The only player with decent experience at playing wide right is, oh look, Zabaleta.

Maybe Sturridge, but he doesn't track back at all, along with a fullback who doesn't track back, would be suicide so early in a game.

Given left one crapy defence for another clownish one.

He's been our stand out player of the first half anyway, and I've also heard, I don't know how true it is or not, but that the lad has been playing through a massive pain barrier for the last month because of a painful abodominal injury in the hope of helping the lads get to Europe.

Don't know how true it is, but the lads a star either way. Buy of the season without question and maybe Newcaste's worst decision in the last 10 odd years.

all the best teams defend higher up the pitch and deny teams space, pointless just defending the 18 yard area with kompany and de jong just in front, there is too much space from caicedo to the midfield

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.