Offside judgement (Laporte v Wolves)

But if the lines showed he was 1mm onside then why have a clear and obvious criteria? The lino’s subjective decision that Eric was offside couldn’t be clearly and obviously wrong, surely?

No clear and obvious on line calls despite what he thinks!!

There are so many other places those lines could’ve been drawn-that was the only one that meant la Porte was offside. It stinks. Didn’t affect the result tonight but fast forward to a tight champs league game and you just know that’s how we are stopped.

But if the lines showed he was 1mm onside then why have a clear and obvious criteria? The lino’s subjective decision that Eric was offside couldn’t be clearly and obviously wrong, surely?
Actually just thinking this through too. Presumably if the lines had showed he was 1mm ONSIDE then presumably the VAR team could have still disallowed the goal on the basis that it wasn’t a clear and obvious mistake from the Lino??

There’s an obvious and easy way to fix this shambles

firstly get rid of those ludicrous lines

secondly, the only thing that can be offside is the foot.. after all it is football!!

And none of that nonsense about a toenail being offside, it has to be the entire foot

that could be spotted easily by a freeze frame and one simple line.. no arguments

No clear and obvious on line calls despite what he thinks!!
That’s interesting as the text on that is June 20 but if you click on the offside section where C&O is referenced the text is from 2019.

they can’t both be right!

There’s an obvious and easy way to fix this shambles

firstly get rid of those ludicrous lines

secondly, the only thing that can be offside is the foot.. after all it is football!!

And none of that nonsense about a toenail being offside, it has to be the entire foot

that could be spotted easily by a freeze frame and one simple line.. no arguments
Been saying this for months, the clues in the name of the sport, FOOTball. So easy to understand

Ultimately it’s offside based on the ridiculous use of VAR currently implemented and there’s been more than a few just like that this season.

I do think they have to revise it though, it’s beyond daft now.

That’s interesting as the text on that is June 20 but if you click on the offside section where C&O is referenced the text is from 2019.

they can’t both be right!
I was looking at various bits of info as was questioning myself but would take the 2020 as the latest/correct up to date information...

But who knows with the idiots running the asylum

It may be the quality of the image but it looks like the line is under the foot of the Wolves player, rather than at the end of the boot (goal side) . I guess the Wolves player also has no studs in his boot!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.