Oh dear, Paddy Crerand....

@Gary James, in his autobiography of Sir Joe, relates the story of the great man and Big Mal being invited to the rags' end of season bash, celebrating their recent league title win.

During the evening, Malcolm told Sandy Busby, the son of the former City player, that his old man had had a 20 year start, but we will surpass him in three.

Crerand overheard this and bet Mal £10 that City would never have a 30 000 crowd again. The sixth home game saw an attendance of over 34 000 and Cretin had lotst his bet.
And not just that but City's FA Cup crowd v Everton attracted 63,034 which was greater than any domestic competition crowd at OT that season

Any stories on the piss can Crerand, my mate met him Saturday and said he was 'great' (he is a rag) I told him he is a twat, he just asked why ?? So help me out blues ;)

Total respect should be given any seniors

Paddy Crerand is a proud man and will back is team just like you and me
but when he takes off that coat, he is a very good guy and will talk to you. I see him all the time in and around Ancoats and still goes to the gym off Great Ancoats street, he knows am a blue and smile at me and the Nod.

I asked him once about pep being our manager, the look he gave me said it all,

Paddy is a tight sod. He used to play golf with Busby Willie Morgan and a business associate of Matt every Sunday morning at Northenden golf club. I used to caddy for Busby on a regular basis and he would pay me 50p for a round. His business mate did the same for my mate, Crerand and Morgan hardly used a caddy despite many trying to earn a few bob.
If Crerand or Morgan ever "lost a golf ball" I never found one of theirs, well I did but would accidentally stand on it, to make sure no-one else did. Happy days.

My Dad was in a private box with him in the 70s before a derby game at the swamp. My Dad says he a horrible arrogant **** who kept saying as he looked out over the fans concourse “ come on you fkin mugs come and fill my pockets”

Total respect should be given any seniors

Paddy Crerand is a proud man and will back is team just like you and me
but when he takes off that coat, he is a very good guy and will talk to you. I see him all the time in and around Ancoats and still goes to the gym off Great Ancoats street, he knows am a blue and smile at me and the Nod.

I asked him once about pep being our manager, the look he gave me said it all,
Really ? I've heard he's a right cantankerous old bastard, and the seniors comment ? Respect is earned not a given...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.