Ok, here goes...Stefan Savic.

Nebuchadnezzar

With his errors/mistakes to one side, what is the general Bluemoon concensus regarding this guy?

Personally, despite what we have seen thus far, I can't help but feel that with experience and age (perhaps via Carling Cup games and regular sub appearances if we're comfy enough to do so), this guy is going to evolve into a machine. I expect to be laughed down, and by no means do I think he will become one of the world's best - but do you think he can improve and get a regular place in the squad at some point?

Thanks for considering :) *tinhat on*

Freds Patio said:
With his errors/mistakes to one side, what is the general Bluemoon concensus regarding this guy?

Personally, despite what we have seen thus far, I can't help but feel that with experience and age (perhaps via Carling Cup games and regular sub appearances if we're comfy enough to do so), this guy is going to evolve into a machine. I expect to be laughed down, and by no means do I think he will become one of the world's best - but do you think he can improve and get a regular place in the squad at some point?

I won't mock you for your opinion; don't agree with it though! But even if he does become a world class CB, how long is that going to take; 1 season out on loan? 2? And can we afford to hang around waiting for him to maybe come good?

He has potential and showed it at Partizan and for Montenegro with good performances in the Champions League and against England for his country. I just don't think he is ready for the Premier League and needs a loan away. Apparently the club could make its money back if we respond to some offers from Serie A though and we're looking at a lot of young defenders such as Kouyate at Anderlecht. So does Savic have a future here or are we going to be ruthless and cut our losses? We let Boateng go and he is a much better central defender than Savic at the moment.

The problem behind your theory is that in all his car crash appearances he hasn't shown a single piece of defending that would make anyone believe he could be a top player. He isn't good enough now ANSI doubt he has the ability to become much better

You can normally tell when a player has something and when I watch him play there's genuinely nothing I can see that makes me think "Yeah, he could develop into a decent defender."

Every time he touches the balls my stomach turns, and with there being so many defenders out there that would happily sit on the bench of a team that was going for the league and possibly the champions league in the next couple of years; I just don't see the point in him being here.

jimharri said:
Freds Patio said:

I won't mock you for your opinion; don't agree with it though! But even if he does become a world class CB, how long is that going to take; 1 season out on loan? 2? And can we afford to hang around waiting for him to maybe come good?

Fair enough, and thanks for your opinion :) In response to your comments that I highlighted, I have no idea! I hadn't (foolishly) considered the loan option, but perhaps a year at a Europa League chasing team would do him well.

he needs a loan similar to guidetti's and he has to perform and sort his head out for me to even consider being happy with him being in the first team.

too much of a bottler, i think he may have talent but he's not ready and he needs to prove that he will be at some point.

LoveCity said:
He has potential and showed it at Partizan and for Montenegro with good performances in the Champions League and against England for his country. I just don't think he is ready for the Premier League and needs a loan away. Apparently the club could make its money back if we respond to some offers from Serie A though and we're looking at a lot of young defenders such as Kouyate at Anderlecht. So does Savic have a future here or are we going to be ruthless and cut our losses? We let Boateng go and he is a much better central defender than Savic at the moment.

Thanks for a good response! I'd agree that the loan option may be the concrete test of his abilities. If it was me, i'd loan him to a top 8 Premiership club.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
The problem behind your theory is that in all his car crash appearances he hasn't shown a single piece of defending that would make anyone believe he could be a top player. He isn't good enough now ANSI doubt he has the ability to become much better

Fair enough buddy! Thanks for your response.

Edwaardz said:
You can normally tell when a player has something and when I watch him play there's genuinely nothing I can see that makes me think "Yeah, he could develop into a decent defender."

Every time he touches the balls my stomach turns, and with there being so many defenders out there that would happily sit on the bench of a team that was going for the league and possibly the champions league in the next couple of years; I just don't see the point in him being here.

Again, fair enough mate. Thanks for your opinion!<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:42 pm --<br /><br />
ban-mcfc said:
he needs a loan similar to guidetti's and he has to perform and sort his head out for me to even consider being happy with him being in the first team.

too much of a bottler, i think he may have talent but he's not ready and he needs to prove that he will be at some point.

I agree with this. A loan option seems to make more and more sense with each thought. Thanks for your input!

Freds Patio said:
jimharri said:
Freds Patio said:

Fair enough, and thanks for your opinion :) In response to your comments that I highlighted, I have no idea! I hadn't (foolishly) considered the loan option, but perhaps a year at a Europa League chasing team would do him well.

Skirtel, Carragher and Agger are better players than him.

Stefan will not become a world class defender, however he will under the right guidance and patience a very good player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.