Olarenwaju Kayode

Mad_fer_it

Oldish news (2 days ago) but who is this guy?? Never heard of him. Apparently he's 24 and we're just gonna loan him out to Girona... I know we have links to Girona... Is this just us helping them out getting a player or do we have some actual plans for this guy?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40917017

Forward, can play all across the front line apparently. Scored 17 goals in the Austrian League last season (top scorer), he's a full Nigerian international. Newcastle were supposedly after him (Chelsea too a year ago). He goes by Larry but I think we should call him Wiley.

No idea if we have plans for him at City, probably just taking a punt, helping out Girona and hope to make a profit in a year or 2. You never know he could challenge for the Pichichi and we might have a real player on our hands. If not, little harm done at £3.5m.

This move certainly hasn't gone over well with many Nigerian fans. 1. This move comes right after selling Kelechi and 2. They don't think it's a good career move and don't think he will ever play for us so it's pretty much a waste.
Personally he was one of my favorite STs that no one has really heard of and would joke with a few friends on twitter that we should sign him. Very pacy ST who I can see doing well in La Liga. It's hard to really gage what the CFG plan is beyond buying low and flipping for a decent fee. Will one of these bargains get a legit chance at making the team? Sadio Mane was around 22-23 when he left Salzburg for S'ton and now is staring for Liverpool. Larry is a little bit older but could surprise people. I also feel like Girona is top of the food chain of affiliated clubs with 4 highly rated kids already there so that works in his favor.

Strikes me as a guy who will never play for us but we'll make several million profit on by selling on. It's probably easier to make money this way than through sponsorship. Easy money for CFG this.

5yr deal with Shaktar Donetsk.

I cant find the fee involved.

Good move for the lad. Given Shaktar have just pocketed the best part of £50m for Fred, we should have more than recouped the initial investment. Although not sure he impressed too much at Girona?

Shakhtar is a great club that plays good football, have followed the ukrainan league. is Shakhtars new Julius Aghahowa/or Luiz Adriano.

Shakhtar have also buyed Maycon from Corinthians for 6,6 mill Euro, some are replacing Fred, Maycon have also ben linked to the club a while back also in January.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.