Old long forgotten City songs

In the late 60`s, just after kick off and coming out of the corner between the Main Stand and Platt Lane,literally 100`s of coppers would walk around the pitch towards the Kippax.
In those days a madman shot and killed 3 police officers I think it was.
As soon as they entered the ground the Kippax would sing ;
"Harry Roberts is our friend,is our friend,is our friend
Harry Robers is our friend
He kills coppers".
I was only in my late teens in those days and feel embarrassed to admit that yes I was one of those idiots who along with thousands more Kippax lads, actually joined in with those moronic words.
I wouldn't feel that bad mate, the things we do and the things we don't do are what shapes us into what we are. You are man enough to admit you did this, just like I did and I like yourself did many things that I now regret.
Showing remorse for errors when you were young not repeating them and encouraging others not to proves you turned in to a decent man.
I reckon you turned out alright mate, they were very different times.

I wouldn't feel that bad mate, the things we do and the things we don't do are what shapes us into what we are. You are man enough to admit you did this, just like I did and I like yourself did many things that I now regret.
Showing remorse for errors when you were young not repeating them and encouraging others not to proves you turned in to a decent man.
I reckon you turned out alright mate, they were very different times.
Thanks failsworth.
Yes although now coming into my 72nd year there are things that I`ve fucked up in life and a few things that make me a little embarrassed and things that I wish I`d done differently but overall I`ve been very lucky,in terms of health and family.
Cheers mate.

In the late 60`s, just after kick off and coming out of the corner between the Main Stand and Platt Lane,literally 100`s of coppers would walk around the pitch towards the Kippax.
In those days a madman shot and killed 3 police officers I think it was.
As soon as they entered the ground the Kippax would sing ;
"Harry Roberts is our friend,is our friend,is our friend
Harry Robers is our friend
He kills coppers".
I was only in my late teens in those days and feel embarrassed to admit that yes I was one of those idiots who along with thousands more Kippax lads, actually joined in with those moronic words.
It was tough on the terraces back in them days….pic from the derby at the swamp 1968

Attachments

• A3531809-5363-4C27-BE56-29278B45B435.jpeg
    A3531809-5363-4C27-BE56-29278B45B435.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 61
Just watching Pet Shop Boys at Glastonberry

Go West = Uwe Rosler

COMPLETELY forgot we used to sing that
And to the same tune
“City, we’re from Manchester”

Fuck knows why we don’t sing that anymore.

From the late 80's early 90's.....

"One, two
One, two, three
One, two, three, four
Five One."

And another....

"Oh Man City,
the only football team to come from Manchester".
Five four
Five four three
Five four three two
Wanchope!

And why we still don’t sing that bottom one pisses me right off. One of our best chants!

Tiswas/ Swap Shop
Tiswas/ Swao Shop

Celtic/ Rangers
Celtic/Rangers

Davis/ Mountjoy
Davis/Mountjoy

Bring on the dustbin
Bring on the dustbin

Tommy Docs Salvation Army

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.