Old Manchester motorbike shops from yesteryear....

ColinBellsjockstrap

A few off memory.....

Halls of Hyde
Eric Sellers...(BSA/Triumph) Stalybridge
Jax Spares...Ashton Old Road
Sports Motorcycles...Liverpool Road
Moto X motors...Oldham
Stockport Harley Davidson
Stockport motorcycle centre
Robinsons (Triumph)Rochdale
Noel Clegg...Rochdale
Bauer Millett (Harley Davidson)...Deansgate
Reg Dearden (Villiers) Chorlton
Queens Park Motorcycles...Salford
Harley Davidson dealer midway between Mossley/Uppermill about 25 years ago..
James Sandiford...Walmersley Road...Bury

Any more??

Also, anyone remember the 171 club in Higher Openshaw run by the late Rev Tony Lloyd around 1968/72?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/proud-daughters-biker-club-mission-927818" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ion-927818</a>

Been in a few of them mate,was trying to remember the name of the one in Salford.
moretons broadheath misery moreton,he closed down recently,doug hacking in bolton?
i took my sportster to the swanky new harley shop in stockport for some parts and it had gone,have you been in the ducati centre, bike shops are not the same nowadays.

pieface said:
Been in a few of them mate,was trying to remember the name of the one in Salford.
moretons broadheath misery moreton,he closed down recently,doug hacking in bolton?
i took my sportster to the swanky new harley shop in stockport for some parts and it had gone,have you been in the ducati centre, bike shops are not the same nowadays.

That's right, Moreton's near Sale, very good for Honds spare parts, have they gone now?

I think Doug Hacking is still going in Bolton.....Bought a Kawasaki trailbike from them about twenty years ago.....

Yeah moretons gone,but i know a guy who bought all his honda spares,if you want any,i sold my sportster at christmas i am on the lookout for an old yamxs650 or z400 to build a bobber out of.Have you got a bike nowadays?

squirtyflower said:
was Queens in Salford a huge place on a corner

wasn't it called Queens *******?

That's right, loads of stock in, used to have a large classified advert in the MEN every Friday night, no frills, no pleasure to serve you sir, but sold by undercutting everyone else...IIRC it was the same outfit as MotoX on Ashton Road Oldham, (but I may be wrong)...

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
squirtyflower said:
was Queens in Salford a huge place on a corner

wasn't it called Queens *******?

That's right, loads of stock in, used to have a large classified advert in the MEN every Friday night, no frills, no pleasure to serve you sir, but sold by undercutting everyone else...IIRC it was the same outfit as MotoX on Ashton Road Oldham, (but I may be wrong)...
i bought my first bike from them
a honda superdream

then bought two more hondas from them in subsequent years

it was so cheap my cousins from donny used to come over and get their bikes from there

pieface said:
Yeah moretons gone,but i know a guy who bought all his honda spares,if you want any,i sold my sportster at christmas i am on the lookout for an old yamxs650 or z400 to build a bobber out of.Have you got a bike nowadays?

Yeah, I've got a Royal Enfield at the moment, but had around thirty odd over the years.....I'll post a few pictures up later tonight of some of my old bikes....

Bluemooners reading this thread, please feel free to post some up of yours, both old and new.......will make for an interesting thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.