Old Manchester motorbike shops from yesteryear....

Scott Howard's on Hyde rd gorton, got my first bike from there in 1980. A Honda MT5. Their used to be one facing sports motorcycles off deansgate, got a GS850 from. Think it was called johnsons, oh happy days.

Just thought of another, cyclops Hyde rd Denton. Run by jack and willbure. Then moved to Hyde and became road and racing.

On a roll now, their was one in reddish. Think it was called lathams, was in the shop that used to be Dave Ewings hardware shop near broadstone mill.

nw42 said:
Derek Warbutons, Hazel Grove. Also known for selling Reliants & Scimitars.

[bigimg]https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/29130_392464222443_6075782_n.jpg[/bigimg]

Del Trotter go a bargain.

nimrod said:
There was Dodds motors in Stalybridge but he was more Reliants with a smattering of bikes

I think they were on Rassbottom Street, right across the road from the railway station IIRC.

A few more. Pendle Motorcycles and Bilforge in Rawtenstall.

George Clarkes in Accrington..(Shut down three years ago)

Pems in Rochdale...(Is this still going?)

Regent Motorcycles...Bury

Warwicks in Heywood is still going strong. Quite surprised to see it's still going tbh. Everything else in Heywood has long since closed.

DTKOAG said:
Johnson or Johnstones ??
Just off Deansgate/Liverpool Road..
Got My Yamaha DT 50 in 1981

That would be Derek Johnsons,... a younger relative Paul used to have quite a large showroom in Hollinwood, on Oldham Road, Oldham around 1977/8

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
nimrod said:
There was Dodds motors in Stalybridge but he was more Reliants with a smattering of bikes

I think they were on Rassbottom Street, right across the road from the railway station IIRC.

yeah Rassbottom Brew as it was known

I bought one of my Bonnevilles from that place on Stamford St Ashton U Lyne, was it Claremont Motors or am I getting mixed up ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.