Old song

Perhaps some fellow oldies can help me out and confirm a song we sang once we moved from the kippax to the north stand.
I hated that move.
Here goes.
"To Joe Mercer said Bertie Mee have you heard of the north bank Highbury, no said Joe i dont think so but I've heard of the North stand Maine road "

Perhaps some fellow oldies can help me out and confirm a song we sang once we moved from the kippax to the north stand.
I hated that move.
Here goes.
"To Joe Mercer said Bertie Mee have you heard of the north bank Highbury, no said Joe i dont think so but I've heard of the North stand Maine road "
Bill,
I always sang-
Said Joe Mercer to Bertie Mee have you heard of the North Bank Highbury,he said no I don't think so,but I've heard of The Kippax,Maine Road.

One I remember was
We'll make Joe Mercer king of England,
We'll make Joe Mercer king og England
We"ll make Joe Mecer king of England
and Georgie Best the queen

sang to John browns body

I hated that move.
Here goes.

I seem to recall the following,
Bertie Mee said to Joe Harvey have you heard of the North Bank Highbury
No said Joe,I don`t think so but I`ve heard of the North Stand Maine Road

I seem to recall the following,
Bertie Mee said to Joe Harvey have you heard of the North Bank Highbury
No said Joe,I don`t think so but I`ve heard of the North Stand Maine Road
100% correct this version.
I don't know where I got Joe Mercer involved. It was always Bertie Mee and Joe Harvey, who were managers of Arsenal and Newcastle at the time.
There aren't many managers called Bert and Joe nowadays.

That is one of the finest songs we've ever sung IMO. Made my hairs stang up on the back of my neck standing on the Kippax. We should bring it back to be sung regularly.
A lot of alcohol under the bridge since I last sang it but my memory is

You are my city,my only city
you make me happy when sky's are grey
you'll never know just,how much i love you
so please don't take my city away

Yes that’s the one! Would love to hear this again..also we could do a David Silva version?

Wasn't it followed by nah nah nah nah nah, OOOOhhhh... Might be my dodgy memory...!! ;)

Ah, those were the days when we Weren't singing a bloody anti United song every five minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.