Old TV Series You Remember Fondly ...

You are correct, Barry Gray wrote the song and actually devised the series but Holliday sung it, incidentally he killed himself three years later...

Tex Tuckers voice was none other than Nicholas (sale of the century) Parsons........:-)
Of which Michael Holliday took over. Kenneth Connor taking the part of Dusty the (posh) talking dog.

Lots already mentioned. But here are a few of mine.

Warship(one of reasons I joined the mob).

Q series by Spike Milligan.

Michael Bentines Potty Time.

UFO

Ripping Yarns

Monday's-Picture book
Tuesday's-Andy Pandy
Wednesday's-Bill and Ben
Thursday's-Rag Tag Bobtail
Friday's-Woodentops. Also Four feather falls,Torchie the battery boy,William Tell,Robin hood,Ivanhoe.Cracker Jack.

The red triangle series of films late on a Friday night when CH4 was launched were always worth a watch....

And of course

Monkey
The six million dollar man
Grange Hill
Minder
Spitting Image

And last but not least.....Dallas

Last edited:
Not seen this one mentioned yet .... The Holden Shot!!! I have to say I loved it with all 3 presenters I remember... Bob Monkhouse, Charlie Williams & Norma Vaughan. I believe there was a guy pre-Bob Monkhouse called Jackie Ray but I'll be honest I don't remember him.

Loved Monkhouse's "Bernie ..... the bolt" but I have to say that for sheer warmth Charlie Williams will always be my favourite!!

Notice I kept it clean and never mentioned the original sexy bimbo ...Anne Aston!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.