Oldham Athletic thread

Will it ever be the right time.to merge some of the old Lancashire clubs? Oldham,bury and Rochdale all had rough times and may all end up with no club, could they not look at a joint venture, Oldham and bury like Brighton and Hove?

I've been to Rochdale with my best mate today for their game with fellow strugglers Hartlepool. They lost 2-1 and it was awful. Sadly they look destined to follow Oldham into non-league. And by all accounts financially they are already in a mess so I fear this is eventually going to become the only option.

It's not looking that great for Greater Manchester clubs, is it?
Maybe we are seeing the impact of long-term economic decline in this area. It's telling that the smaller PL clubs are now mainly southern - Brentford, Brighton, and Bournemouth, to name but three. Whereas the likes of Oldham and Bolton that once 'graced' the PL, are basically fucked.
Rochdale never won much, but they were always a solid lower-league side. Bury are gone, and probably for good. Oldham in deep do-dos.

It's not looking that great for Greater Manchester clubs, is it?
Maybe we are seeing the impact of long-term economic decline in this area. It's telling that the smaller PL clubs are now mainly southern - Brentford, Brighton, and Bournemouth, to name but three. Whereas the likes of Oldham and Bolton that once 'graced' the PL, are basically fucked.
Rochdale never won much, but they were always a solid lower-league side. Bury are gone, and probably for good. Oldham in deep do-dos.
You can throw Macc into the equation too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.