Oldham Athletic thread

I’m not fully up to speed on Oldham but I thought their owner had a bit of dough behind him?

Last edited:
A few years ago, I seem to recall a proposal that Bury, Rochdale and Oldham merge and call the new club Manchester North End.

If there was such an idea, it was shouted down by the supporters of the three clubs.

However, considering their respective current financial situations, maybe it wouldn’t be such a bad idea, and include Bolton as well.

not surprised they didn’t like that idea. Lose your history and identity and then get called ‘Manchester north end’..... none of those places are Manchester either

But … I find it hard to feel much sympathy for a fanbase who took great pleasure in our demise in the 90's.. and even to this day sing anti City songs.. and 15 years later still bang on about the day they knocked us out of the FA cup

they are local rivals, don’t really know what you expected ?

I’ve heard the same thing about every local club on here county, Oldham, bury ie ‘I have no sympathy as they sing chants about us’

they are local rivals, don’t really know what you expected ?

I’ve heard the same thing about every local club on here county, Oldham, bury ie ‘I have no sympathy as they sing chants about us’

Yeah not really arsed about them singing about us as it's irrelevant. My main gripe is that in our dark days they would have been absolutely delighted to see us go to the wall... and I know that for a fact as I know loads of their fans... who funnily enough don't go any more. A few years after wanting us to bankrupt, they were outside the Etihad shaking begging buckets

Yeah not really arsed about them singing about us as it's irrelevant. My main gripe is that in our dark days they would have been absolutely delighted to see us go to the wall... and I know that for a fact as I know loads of their fans... who funnily enough don't go any more. A few years after wanting us to bankrupt, they were outside the Etihad shaking begging buckets
Yep I also remember Bury and Oldham fans at the top of Joe Mercer Way with the begging buckets. I told them to do one back then and I would do the same now if they ever returned shaking their buckets. As I said in the Bury thread last year,I can think of a million better causes to give my money too.

I am perhaps a little old fashioned in so much as I would not wish this stuff on any club, and further as another local club I will always take an interest in their results and wish them well.

There are perhaps two clubs that I would be highly delighted at any form of misfortune that might see their demise.

Always had a soft spot for the Latics. Used to watch them as a kid in the 60's when City were away, as they had a few ex-Blues playing for them, Bobby Johnstone, Bert Lister & Ken Branagan. Les McDowell managed them after he was sacked by City. It was only a short bus ride up to Oldham from where I lived. Boundary Park was where I had my first experience of dipper fans at a cup tie in 1962. They were cnuts even then. It's a shame to see them Latics in such dire straits, but as is usual it seems to be down to having shit owners in recent years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.