Oldham Athletic thread

Did it? I remember it as always being a bleak freezing cold shithole
25-30 years ago was a top night out with loads of bars and clubs. Then the rot set in about 10-15 yrs ago. Seemed to be overrun with Violence all of a sudden and never recovered.

25-30 years ago was a top night out with loads of bars and clubs. Then the rot set in about 10-15 yrs ago. Seemed to be overrun with Violence all of a sudden and never recovered.
Yep. In the 80’s coach trips used to come to Oldham from all over the North West on a weekend. Used to be a great night out

very rarely go up there now and if I do it’s for a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon. Would rather stay local or get the train into town

Yep. In the 80’s coach trips used to come to Oldham from all over the North West on a weekend. Used to be a great night out

very rarely go up there now and if I do it’s for a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon. Would rather stay local or get the train into town
I used to split my weekends going between Oldham & Manchester in the late 80's. A good pub crawl followed by extended drinking at a club/curry house. Was quite shocked by how much of a downturn the town centre took. Picked my Mrs up a few times mid/late 90's and Yorkshire St on a Saturday night was like a warzone.

Hello, Oldham fan here asking for help, as you will know we are suffering from rogue ownership and as fans we are trying to raise enough money to make Boundary Park fan owned. This would be the first step in securing football at BP for years to come, we would then hope our Dubia based owner would see the light and sell up. I have a funding page and the MENnews run an article on us a couple of weeks ago. Any help no matter how small may help us in our fight. I know there is banter past and present between our fans and others in the manchester area but I am pleading with fans in our area to help this once great little club. Anything appreciated
https://manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/oldham-athletic-fans-fundraising-buy-23983579…

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.