Oldham Athletic thread

As a rough estimate I’d say 75% of football fans in Oldham are either city or rags

that will get even higher in the areas closer to Manchester like south chadd and Failsworth

oldham F.C should give them the public of oldham a team and club to be proud of and not sat at home watching skysports. its funny when its to late and everybody moaning and running around trying to save the club ?

sorry football and big clubs are now a business and like all good business they look after themselves and the small fry are swallowed up its life

YCNMIU

After all the shenanigans at OAFC this week... the ref the football league have appointed for their match v Leyton Orient tomorrow is called.....

Ben Toner.

I went too Breeze Hill school for a couple of years 1978/79, in my year I was the only City fan, there was two lads the year below me who were also City, all of us were exiled from Middleton.
There was a couple of Oldham fans, but the majority were scum fans followed closely by red dippers which I could never get my head around. When the dippers won the league there were videos of mass celebrations in Glodwick with open top buses and parties, very weired.
If the locals can't be arsed getting behind their own town, why should anyone else be bothered.
Predominantly Asian areas in Bolton were similar to Glodwick in Oldham, loads of liverpool fans celebrating

They will go the same way as Henry Africas bar
I remember back in the early 90s, I was working in London and came back to Oldham for a short visit, I brought this Dutch girl back with me, she wanted to go to The Hacienda.
Anyway we went into Oldham on the Thursday night and the only place open late was Henry's, so I took her there,
unfortunately I didn't know that Mr Methane was on that night, I remember her face, it was a picture as he dropped his kecks and started lighting his farts, she didn't know what the fk she'd just seen, very funny.

On the BBC website.
Oldham have banned 3 fans for 3 years each for "promoting dislike of the club"!!
Fuck me, is that supposed to be some kind of punishment?
I bet the other BIFFOs wish that they could be banned as well.
They are currently 2nd from the bottom of League Two,and are 3 points from safety.
If they fall through the trapdoor,they will become the first Premier League club to end up in The National League.
"It's a funny old game Saint"!!!

On the BBC website.
Oldham have banned 3 fans for 3 years each for "promoting dislike of the club"!!
Fuck me, is that supposed to be some kind of punishment?
I bet the other BIFFOs wish that they could be banned as well.
They are currently 2nd from the bottom of League Two,and are 3 points from safety.
If they fall through the trapdoor,they will become the first Premier League club to end up in The National League.
"It's a funny old game Saint"!!!

the green and gold riot that broken in to old trafford to stop the game all should be given a life sentence behind bars is that is the case

Predominantly Asian areas in Bolton were similar to Glodwick in Oldham, loads of liverpool fans celebrating

It is bizarre that people in towns like Bolton or Oldham would support Liverpool but I suppose it is a bit like a lot of towns up and down the country - there's armchair rivalry between hordes who follow the rags and Liverpool. As for the Asian community many have historically not felt safe at football for decades despite some progress being made in race relations so there is a pattern of people gravitating towards the gruesome twosome from the safety of an armchair. Speaking from experience as the son of an Indian (my late Dad came over here in the 50s and watched football at grounds all over the country before I was around), I can remember as a teen us being told by a pissed up so-called City fan at a Kippax turnstile in autumn 1981 "No P"ki is going in before me". That sort of experience could put many people off but because, we didn't give a shit, and Dad steered us to the next turnstile we just carried on and went in (0-0 draw with Cloughie's Forest). I was already bitten by the City bug a year earlier, so no racist who couldn't hold his drink would stop us going through the hallowed turnstiles and experienving the aroma of the Kippax bogs (Dad was getting on by then so there was always an obligatory early pit stop!)before watching God's own team. While anyone supporting Liverpool in Greater Manchester particular apalls me, I can kind of understand the armchair support if they had an unpleasant experience like we did - even if we were a bit more resilient in the face of it. Much of the time though, and whatever the race, i'd guess they are just sad glory hunters like the Nottingham based rags and Liverpool supporters who make Forest fans sick. Otherwise if they are from Oldham or Bolton why not be an armchair fan of the local clubs etc?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.