OLED - is it worth it?

I have been buying an Oled all week and at the final moment I've decided against and gone for the Samsung QLED Q95T 55 inch.

It was that or the LG GX Oled as i want a fully flat wall installation but £200 cheaper and the one connect box which makes life so much easier swayed me.
Just the day before I found this thread my wife was asking about OLED TVs after seeing an advert, after a bit of research I must admit, the One Connect box could be the feature that sways me. Very, very clever and certainly very neat.

Last edited:
Just the day before I found this thread my wife was asking about OLED TVs after seeing an advert, after a bit of research I must admit, the One Connect box could be the feature that says me. Very, very clever and certainly very neat.

The deal also had the Samsung no gap bracket thrown in free which retails at £130 so it was a no brainer.

I want an OLED and will have an OLED at some point down the line but im just a bit wary that its only LG making the panels and that the failure rates during production are big, hence prices and every other manufacturer just not bothering to even try. They will either get it very right and all will adopt or it will end up being scrapped imo so im going to wait.

Micro LED is the next big thing i think.

The deal also had the Samsung no gap bracket thrown in free which retails at £130 so it was a no brainer.

I want an OLED and will have an OLED at some point down the line but im just a bit wary that its only LG making the panels and that the failure rates during production are big, hence prices and every other manufacturer just not bothering to even try. They will either get it very right and all will adopt or it will end up being scrapped imo so im going to wait.

Micro LED is the next big thing i think.
Micro LED? I'm 'working' later, that'll give me something to Google ;)

I have one of the older 2016 LG E65 OLEDs. Still blows me away - no image burn on mine, thankfully. I'm also a 3D nerd and this was probably the pinnacle of any 3D set ever made. Cannot recommend the OLED tvs high enough, and I'm sure the newest ones - even without 3D since it's been discontinued - look absolutely amazing.
Wish they’d not given up on 3D it couldn’t cost much to leave it in sets.

I have one of the older 2016 LG E65 OLEDs. Still blows me away - no image burn on mine, thankfully. I'm also a 3D nerd and this was probably the pinnacle of any 3D set ever made. Cannot recommend the OLED tvs high enough, and I'm sure the newest ones - even without 3D since it's been discontinued - look absolutely amazing.
Last of the 3D genre the E series and watching Avatar in 3D blew us both away, as we stretched out olden arms to catch the love orbs that came out of the set into our room. The E series was near flagship in 2017 with built in Harmon Kardon speakers. Really pleased your set is still fine mate and not every one will get burn out as it's particular to an individuals viewing habits. If you watch a static image such as a logo repeatedly for long enough however then regardless of the sets healing properties you may encounter it. No further burn out on ours save for the good morning Britain logo bottom left corner and only really visible on the red spectrum. The OLED format has become more sophisticated with advancing years and for a lot of people burn out shouldn't be a problem, but it does exist and it pays to be aware. A beyond the brilliant TV is the OLED and we shall 100% buy another when LG offers a warranty against their operating dilemmas.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.