Oleks Zinchenko - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

FantasyIreland

Played in midfield and impressed against the Dippers,apparently.

I'm not quite as surprised as some appear to be,because.....

A) He's a midfielder

and

B) He has plenty of ability

Given our perceived lack of cover in the middle of the park,perhaps he may be worth keeping after all.

If there really aren't any more available CM options this summer then maybe Pep will give him a run in the middle

Played in midfield and impressed against the Dippers,apparently.

I'm not quite as surprised as some appear to be,because.....

A) He's a midfielder

and

B) He has plenty of ability

Given our perceived lack of cover in the middle of the park,perhaps he may be worth keeping after all.
It was more that he was playing in Dinho's position and impressed that was surprising.

If you can play leftback then you should be able to play as a DM pretty well. A full back requires the most intelligent positional play and ability to read the game / similar to DM. The only questions for me are could he handle the physicality of it and is his heading up to it. On the ball i would have no concerns.

It was more that he was playing in Dinho's position and impressed that was surprising.
I understand that but my point stands.

Played in the position he favours,he's a kid who can dictate a game and excels with the ball at his feet,the defensive duties of last season may just have provided another string to his bow.

The recent criticism of him,as a full back,by the usual know nowts,has been wholly unfair.

I understand that but my point stands.

Played in the position he favours,he's a kid who can dictate a game and excels with the ball at his feet,the defensive duties of last season may just have provided another string to his bow.

The recent criticism of him,as a full back,by the usual know nowts,has been wholly unfair.
Well, I'd rather see him where he played last night than full back. Handled Liverpool's high press extremely well, no problem sidestepping an onrushing player and picking a good pass.

He is a very skilfull, intelligent player who is vulnerable to pace in behind him. Full back is not his position but he is potentially excellent in the DM role.

If you can play leftback then you should be able to play as a DM pretty well. A full back requires the most intelligent positional play and ability to read the game / similar to DM. The only questions for me are could he handle the physicality of it and is his heading up to it. On the ball i would have no concerns.
I seem to remember him being pretty good in the air last season, and a quick look on WhoScored.com supports that - he won 16/19 aerial duals last season. Apart from experience in the role, he really does have all the attributes to be the perfect DM.

Perhaps we'll soon be calling him mini-Ferny instead of mini-Kev!

Anyone interested, here is highlights of Zinchenko's touches last night....the commentary is not English but you'll get the idea. He seems a better fit in midfield then he is at LB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.