Oleks Zinchenko - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing performance! I presume he was given MOTM?
Forget Delph. It's not very clear to me that Mendy's going to find it very easy to get his place back. Yes, Mendy can go down the outside, beating his man and fizzing those low crosses in. I still hope to see that. But some of those midfield balls that Zin was playing in… He really is starting to look like KDB's little brother.
Got the highest mark on par with GK Pyatov from Ukrainian site Football.ua (to be fair, their GK has won them a point and should be indisputable MOM)
https://euro2020.football.ua/news/article/386928-portugalija-ukraina-nashi-ocenki.html

Ta for that. Can you read the Cyrillic alphabet? That's quite impressive. I suppose I can just about decipher that that's Oleks Zinchenko…

Edit: Haha, spoke too soon! I scrolled down a bit further. Still, I was ready to be impressed.

Him next to KDB in a midfield 2 could be a strong option in the future. Both are very creative and have probably the highest passing range amongst our outfield players, and both have improved defensively over the past 2 seasons. With Bernardo/Phil playing between the lines ahead of them, I think it is a good option. I don't necessarily feel that we NEED another "Dinho" type midfielder to play our style, I think Ndombele would be a good buy but he lacks creativity, Aouar might be the better option instead to suit this.

I would like to see him given a go in a more advanced midfield role. I don't think he's a natural CDM, his strengths are his composure on the ball, passing and crossing which is up there with the best we have of anyone in the squad.

I like the idea of Zinchenko, KDB and Bernardo being our midfield 3. Might be a disaster but might also be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.