Oleks Zinchenko - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice guy - pretty talented - but ultimately, not quite good enough for City.

Never put a foot wrong against Fulham , and his combination on the left wing with Sane was very good , but he needs to be tested in a big game , the lad has an abundance of talent ,but fear he could end up as "the one that got away" simply because of the quality and depth of our squad , he 's a good kid and gives 100% and is actually defending better than Mendy at the moment. But Mendy will get back to his best and Zinchenko will again be 3rd choice behind Delph , not ideal for a lad trying his utmost to build a career in the game

A really good player and a nice guy. I'd like to see given a shot in the DM position as his touch, technique and passing is so good.

Last edited:
I think he should stay and I'd be more than happy to see him take Delph's place. I think he's better on the ball, and he really looks like he belongs in this team.

He's comfortable receiving the ball anywhere on the pitch and his passing (particularly long range) is phenomenal.

Pretty much everything you'd want in a squad player, versatile, professional and seems to be well-liked by the other players - but I think he'll leave for more game time which his ability deserves albeit at a marginally lower level than City, it's staggering how high the bar is for us nowadays.

yeah i think he is the ideal squad player, it just depends what he wants from his career

It will be really interesting to see how his career develops. He done the opposite of Sancho - stayed put, placed his trust in his talent and hard work, and taken his few chances well.

What's he got to show for it? Well, the experience of training with the best manager in the world, and some of the best players in the world, nine appearances in various positions and in three competitions. Versatility. A few trophies. A growing reputation that has resulted in some good offers from mid ranking top-tier teams.

Would he be in a better place now had he left in the summer of 2017, say? He'd have had more first team appearances, for sure, and a steep first team learning curve. Probably a bigger physical challenge. But would he really have developed better?

The jury's out, of course, but I feel he's played this very cleverly. He's a much more rounded player. He's developed a decent reputation. He's learned what it takes to be a winner. He seems physically pretty resilient. He's built the foundations of a good future.

My instinct is that he'll have a very good career, whether at City or, more probably, elsewhere, and that his best years - in 5-10 years time - will be very fine indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.