Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it would be best to sell him IF Mendy can stay fit now long. He takes up foreign spot, I don't think he is that good to be taking up foreign spot. I mean cant even make the bench now.

If he was HG player then would be fine squad player, but there are only 17 foreign spots which should be used to maximum effect IMO.

Didn't Pep once say also that we can't attack the way we want to with Zinchenko as well.

Where's Zinchenko gone?

Not even in the squad for the past 3 games.

When you look at that bench though its understandable. Not sure where he gets in, which is a tough break for him. Garcia was excellent...and now even he can't get on it.

Where's Zinchenko gone?

Not even in the squad for the past 3 games.
The change to a back 3 kind of did it for him. If we’re playing our front 3 much narrower, Zinchenko is really not a good option in such a set up. Mendy was then able to get some good performances in and is now in a position to get the nod over Zinchenko even in a back 4.

The change to a back 3 kind of did it for him. If we’re playing our front 3 much narrower, Zinchenko is really not a good option in such a set up. Mendy was then able to get some good performances in and is now in a position to get the nod over Zinchenko even in a back 4.
He played as LCB in a back 3 just 10 days ago, this hybrid fullback/centerback position actually suits him quite well

Why pick Mendy over Zinch, the Zinch can use both feet, has a footballing brain and relatively stay's fit.
Pretty simple. Zinchenko is a good player, but when Mendy is fit and firing he's one of the best fullbacks in the world. And given that we're probably stuck with Mendy, we have no choice but to try and get him fit and firing.

The bench is strong as pointed out earlier, but also where he replaces is weird with the new systems in the team.

He can't replace Mendy anymore because we now use our LB to go wide, only Angelino is capable.

He doesn't play David or Kevin's role quite like them and is more defensive, so unless we play with a double pivot he cannot rotate in there.

The only other player to replace is Rodri as a single pivot, but Pep uses Gundogan there more (and he is really good at it).

He can played inverted LB, double pivot, or LCB in a back 3 from what I've seen. I think he plays (or makes the bench) if we use systems that use those more like 3-4-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.