Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he defends better than some give him credit for but of course there is plenty of room for improvement and given that he is short and not particularly quick, he has is disadvantaged physically as a defender. But he is one determined young man and does very well in the circumstances.

Also, given how we play, he is actually quite an important player when we are in possession.

The problem that both he and Angelino may face in Mendy's absence is that Cancelo can play left back.

I love Zin as everyone else, but I don't think we'll win the CL with him at left back. He is doing his best each game, but his best is not the best that is required for CL. We are getting away with it in PL as we're too dominant, but better teams will and do exploit him not being world class LB.

He is the weakest part of this team when we are faced with more quality opposition. Everyone else is at top of the world or close to it on their position, but he definitely isn't. Not his fault, of course, it's not his natural position, but it is a cold fact.

LB is still position where we are far, far away of being covered with Mendy on the injury table and Angelino being very average.

He’s okay. He’s had excellent games for us but also struggled in some big games or against the better sides. He was poor in the EFL Cup final, poor in the Comm Shield, poor second half yesterday.

He does deserve his place in the side for being very good more often than he struggles but I really hope we see a fit Mendy back soon and long term.

I love Zin as everyone else, but I don't think we'll win the CL with him at left back. He is doing his best each game, but his best is not the best that is required for CL. We are getting away with it in PL as we're too dominant, but better teams will and do exploit him not being world class LB.

He is the weakest part of this team when we are faced with more quality opposition. Everyone else is at top of the world or close to it on their position, but he definitely isn't. Not his fault, of course, it's not his natural position, but it is a cold fact.

LB is still position where we are far, far away of being covered with Mendy on the injury table and Angelino being very average.
Harsh saying Angelino is very average based on pre season. Zuculini was world class in 2014 pre season. At least he is LB, so id like to see him play.

Harsh saying Angelino is very average based on pre season. Zuculini was world class in 2014 pre season. At least he is LB, so id like to see him play.

We'll see. Obviously it would be great if he makes it, but I'm not an optimist.

He’s okay. He’s had excellent games for us but also struggled in some big games or against the better sides. He was poor in the EFL Cup final, poor in the Comm Shield, poor second half yesterday.

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/man-of-the-match-chelsea-n-carabao-cup-final.339088/
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...news/man-city-player-ratings-chelsea-15879865

fa cup final?

don't think he's played badly since away at lyon in november. all the performances you've referenced were pretty solid. ederson, gundogan and aguero were all worse against spurs imho.

i'd start mendy when he's fit and up to speed, but zinchenko's adequate backup. also his attitude's fantastic, so he's a really positive influence on the rest of the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.