Oleks Zinchenko - 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by B\connellblue, 5 Aug 2019.

1. City_Sean

City_Sean

His lack of pace is probably his biggest downside, especially in the LB position. He's super comfortable in possession but lacks that explosive pace that top, top fullback have.

Trojan1962 likes this.
  2. Alexx

Alexx

Team supported:
    Manchester City
  3. mdj0520

mdj0520

Thought he was easily one of our best players today.

4. FromPollockToSilva

FromPollockToSilva

Excellent game, always makes himself available and is very rarely wasteful with the ball. No concerns down that side of the pitch with him, Laporte and David all on it today

5. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

I've absolutely no clue what you two (last posts) were looking at.

He's a defender (or at least he's playing as one) and didn't actually succeed in doing any defending at all. Gave the ball away in dangerous positions, got knocked of the ball, and generally fucked up, multiple times. Awful performance.

Being able to cross a ball, whilst under no pressure, in space, I can do. And I am 58 and crap.

6. MeatHunterrr

MeatHunterrr

We do need LB in the long term, there is no doubt about that. Hopefully Mendy can stay fit. Maybe give Angelino a go at some point, he is actual LB at least.

7. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

Stay?

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a spoiled brat, but couldn't resist it.

8. oldius

oldius

This assessment of players being awful is overly emotive IMO. We are blessed with excellent players but didn't play especially well today as a team. Neither Walker, Zinchenko, Gundo or De Bruyne had good games.

9. bellbuzzer

bellbuzzer

try harder next time :)

10. mccity

mccity

He was alright here and there. His crossing was a real high point.

I don't really think he's got the defensive skills to be a LB, but being a LB for City is different than at most sides. The way we play, he's proven to be a valuable asset. It might not have been ideal today as far as his performance was concerned but they'll be plenty of games where he's great.

Yeah it's a bit of a shame some of the OTT reactions. If we had any awful players they wouldn't be at City anymore. Obviously certain players can be better but writing them off consistently when they've been key parts of a side that's just achieved a domestic treble seems incredibly harsh.

Dax777 and bluealf like this.