Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've absolutely no clue what you two (last posts) were looking at.

He's a defender (or at least he's playing as one) and didn't actually succeed in doing any defending at all. Gave the ball away in dangerous positions, got knocked of the ball, and generally fucked up, multiple times. Awful performance.

Being able to cross a ball, whilst under no pressure, in space, I can do. And I am 58 and crap.

We do need LB in the long term, there is no doubt about that. Hopefully Mendy can stay fit. Maybe give Angelino a go at some point, he is actual LB at least.

We do need LB in the long term, there is no doubt about that. Hopefully Mendy can stay fit. Maybe give Angelino a go at some point, he is actual LB at least.
Stay?

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a spoiled brat, but couldn't resist it.

He was alright here and there. His crossing was a real high point.

I don't really think he's got the defensive skills to be a LB, but being a LB for City is different than at most sides. The way we play, he's proven to be a valuable asset. It might not have been ideal today as far as his performance was concerned but they'll be plenty of games where he's great.

This assessment of players being awful is overly emotive IMO. We are blessed with excellent players but didn't play especially well today as a team. Neither Walker, Zinchenko, Gundo or De Bruyne had good games.

Yeah it's a bit of a shame some of the OTT reactions. If we had any awful players they wouldn't be at City anymore. Obviously certain players can be better but writing them off consistently when they've been key parts of a side that's just achieved a domestic treble seems incredibly harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.