Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like he's going to be first choice left back again this Season. To be honest I'm yet to be convinced its ideal. We look vunerable down that flank.

We certainly are very vulnerable down the left flank. Pep must know that Z is just not good enough at left back against the top teams. He is a very solid midfielder and a good squad member. We are gonna have two very good right backs if Cancelo comes and maybe Mendy can finally make a proper comeback

Struggled in the first half with his timing, kept getting caught out by Salah. Adjusted in the second half and was much better, his passing is really good and he keeps the ball well, like Delph did in the Centurions season. Angelino has been brought back when we need more directness going forwards, like Mendy provides, but we will probably see Zinchenko start most games from now on.

He's not going to face a much tougher challenge all season...

Pre-season,he has done alright for 2 seasons hasn't he and we haven't lost a prem game with him playing so he is obviously not a weak link,is he perfect,no but he does well
No ones saying he hasn't done well. However we should have addressed this position as Mendy is a busted flush at City. We dont lose very often no matter who plays in fairness. Oleks is a good all rounder no doubt about that.

Last edited:
People are getting carried away here. He faced Mo bloody Salah in his first competitive game of the season!
Salah might be a bit of a twat but he gives every so-called "proper" full-back a torrid time.
Haven't seen a lot of "proper" fullbacks have a great game facing Bernardo or Sterling either last season.

I hope Mendy comes back soon and can stay fit, as I believe he would be our best option at left back. Zinchenko has done a great job though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.