#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've said this before, but the reason he's been so good for us at LB is because he has the brain of an intelligent midfielder.

Wait of pass, decision making, he always plays well for Ukraine. And while the opposition is obvious crap, it doesn't take away from his performance.

Wouldn't mind seeing him more in midfield for us, other than as an inverted LB, but since he's a perfect LB for us, and I don't see Pep going with wide attacking fullbacks, probably won't happen.

I've said this before, but the reason he's been so good for us at LB is because he has the brain of an intelligent midfielder.

Wait of pass, decision making, he always plays well for Ukraine. And while the opposition is obvious crap, it doesn't take away from his performance.

Wouldn't mind seeing him more in midfield for us, other than as an inverted LB, but since he's a perfect LB for us, and I don't see Pep going with wide attacking fullbacks, probably won't happen.
I don't think Pep is opposed to attacking fullbacks. There just aren't many around with good ball retention skills.

Zinky and Delphino got the left back role by default and both did us proud. But this season Olek has worked hard on how to play the position in the defensive role. Fair play !

I don't think Pep is opposed to attacking fullbacks. There just aren't many around with good ball retention skills.

He likes one "safe" fullback and one attacking fullback ideally (like Abidal and Dani Alves). Zinch/Aké and Cancelo works for that, we just need a more attacking left-back to provide that option opposite Walker (still not wholly sold by Cancelo as an attacking left-back, think we need someone more comfortable going outside the wide forward).

Watching him in midfield is an absolute pleasure. He's so good, I'd genuinely like to see him play over Rodri and I like Rodri.

Pep decided KDB could play as an 8 when Roberto Martinez played him there for Belgium in 2016 - I hope he was watching tonight.

A great performance let down at the end by having him mark the 6ft 3 Dumfries at set pieces, although I think the keeper should have done better.

Watching him in midfield is an absolute pleasure. He's so good, I'd genuinely like to see him play over Rodri and I like Rodri.

Pep decided KDB could play as an 8 when Roberto Martinez played him there for Belgium in 2016 - I hope he was watching tonight.

A great performance let down at the end by having him mark the 6ft 3 Dumfries at set pieces, although I think the keeper should have done better.

He's great every time I watch him play for them. There were one or two poor passes but his body shape when he's receiving the ball and his understanding of attacking momentum are second to none in that team. Yarmolenko might have had his Mahrez moment but Zinny is quite clearly levels above the rest.

What a cross by Ake as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.