#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to bring this guy back in starting 11

Ake can be great defensively but as a left back Zinchenko is best suited for the job

also we should consider February - May period in 2019 when he played great football

Time to bring this guy back in starting 11

Ake can be great defensively but as a left back Zinchenko is best suited for the job

also we should consider February - May period in 2019 when he played great football
he was awful last season and just cant defend or do anything going forward

Last season he didn't perform well - but we know his qualities and maybe this year he will repeat what he did in 2018/2019 season.

We have 5 options there:

Mendy -> we all know what to say here..

Cancelo -> Right Back

Ake -> Center Back

Zinchenko -> Has history (as well as bad history last year - but I would say that he was unlucky with those red cards) to perform well during number of months and what's more important during the vital period, when every game seemed like final.

So with Mendy we don't have such history - he always performs bad.

Ake and Cancelo don't have such experience, so I think Zinchenko has some advantage here..

Last season he didn't perform well - but we know his qualities and maybe this year he will repeat what he did in 2018/2019 season.

We have 5 options there:

Mendy -> we all know what to say here..

Cancelo -> Right Back

Ake -> Center Back

Zinchenko -> Has history (as well as bad history last year - but I would say that he was unlucky with those red cards) to perform well during number of months and what's more important during the vital period, when every game seemed like final.

So with Mendy we don't have such history - he always performs bad.

Ake and Cancelo don't have such experience, so I think Zinchenko has some advantage here..
him and mendy are about the same tbh mendy have a decent cross but is awful as passing zin is good at passing and moving into the midfield but is awful going forward. Both are awful defensively. Both better in that position than cancelo. Maybe ake is the answer if laporte and dias are fit in the big games as he actually seems to know how to defend.

Our whole back line, bar Walker, was awful last season.

Zinchenko’s proved he can look very good as a LB in our system before, so I’m not against him being given a run of games whilst playing with decent CBs instead of Garcia and Otamendi.

Pep's possession football has suffered recently, full-backs flying up the wing only to lose it and putting us on the back foot, at least Zinchenko looks more comfortable at retaining the ball, probing from the half way line.

Our whole back line, bar Walker, was awful last season.

Zinchenko’s proved he can look very good as a LB in our system before, so I’m not against him being given a run of games whilst playing with decent CBs instead of Garcia and Otamendi.
By that logic we should have kept delph. Maybe the reason he was so bad last season was because he got found out in the same delph did the season before. Zin should have left in the summer to get first team football in his actual position.

I think he needs an honourable mention. He’s been shit for over 12 months but was good today

Solid, nearly scored and looked the player from 2018/2019

He’s stayed so we might as well use him and if he can perform like that when needed then fair dos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.