#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has the highest winning percentage of any player in City’s history, for a player that has played more than 80 games (86%).

That speaks volumes for his contribution. He’s our good luck charm.
City's history, Wowser !
Nothing to do with luck, a great player who fits Pep's system like a glove.
Perfect match for feeding Lionel.

@Easy you reading this? 4 years on and Zinchencko is still here...

Some are even beginning to whisper that "best in the league" statement...

I know you are not gonna let this nonsense go on unchallenged :)

Its a surprise he’s still here. He’s improved but definitely not best in the league.

Sorry not even close, attacking wise he hasn’t improved at all. Never scored in the league and his last league assist was in 2019.

Defensively he’s improved sure but Ruben or Laporte next to him is a huge help. They bailed him out plenty.

If we actually had a top class LB we would be even better.

Its a surprise he’s still here. He’s improved but definitely not best in the league.

Sorry not even close, attacking wise he hasn’t improved at all. Never scored in the league and his last league assist was in 2019.

Defensively he’s improved sure but Ruben or Laporte next to him is a huge help. They bailed him out plenty.

Which leftbacks do you think could play his current role better than him? I can think of maybe one or two off the top of my head

Whenever you count him out he finds a way to come back. What a guy! His perseverance is genuinely astounding.

I find this quote comical in hindsight -

"Zinchenko is talented, but he must be realistic. He must get experience and game practice. He can only play for Manchester City on PlayStation," said former Ukraine and Liverpool striker Andriy Voronin last month.
That's what you call projection. Even in the darkest days I doubt Voronin would have gotten a game for us, he was fucking shite.

Which leftbacks do you think could play his current role better than him? I can think of maybe one or two off the top of my head

Look no further than our current squad. Ake is much quicker, better defensively and is threat on corners with his heading ability which also helps defending corners. He’s also a leader.

Look no further than our current squad. Ake is much quicker, better defensively and is threat on corners with his heading ability which also helps defending corners. He’s also a leader.

I like Aké, and agree with you on his qualities. But he isn’t technically proficient enough with the ball at his feet to do what Zinchenko is doing in this team, nor is his positional understanding refined enough to play as an interior fullback who spends half the game showing for the ball in central midfield

Missed you mate. Had to get you back in here :) Couldn't have all these folks spewing tulips and roses about Zee..

Needed that counterpoint. Glad you've provided it :)

Ake would be a huge hindrance if trying to play the Zinchenko role. His passing under pressure, combination play, positional knowledge to maximise our fluidity are all miles off Zinchenko’s level.

How many full games has Ake played at left back in the PL in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.