#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hardly makes any mistakes. When was the last mistake he made that led to a goal? He’s not our weakest link, I don’t know why some people have got that planted into their minds.
Probably a more recent one but Southampton last season is the last one I remember.

Has mistakes in him, PSG will expose him I am afraid, and he is our weakest link. If he plays, we are done. Zin and John are both error-prone and so is Walker :(
So what are you saying, Start Mendy Laporte Dias and Cancelo. I think you might be on to something here...

How best to lose :p

I think most City fans agree that Zinchenko has a good football brain and is an excellent passer of the ball. He will also be good enough defensively against most teams but, sadly, he will be exposed against the top teams with extremely fast and direct players. For me he is a great squad player but going forward we need elite players in every position to remain at the top. Left back and striker, I believe, are the two positions where we must try and recruit the very best talent available. If we can do that then the sky is the limit for this team.
I'm always amused by this theory. Seeing as we have examples of him playing against stop teams, with extremely fast and direct players.

All you need to do is check the examples in history that fit the above example...

You'd be surprised what you find. Any defender even Walker can get dominated on a bad day, bit one can always judge the future on the most similar examples of the past...
Now if one were to do that with Zinchencko, what would you find????

So what are you saying, Start Mendy Laporte Dias and Cancelo. I think you might be on to something here...
I would go with Walker Dias John Ake but I trust Pep that he will select the best from the options available to him. Zin will be exposed vs PSG, but I do hope I am wrong. Zin to me is a more of attacking option in the midfield than defensive cover

I don't know how some cannot see the improvement in his defending. A couple of seasons ago, he was very very dodgy from a purely defensive POV. Now he is as solid, if not more so than any of our full backs. I don't know the exact stats, but I would be amazed if he has made more mistakes leading to opposition goals then either Walker or Cancelo and currently he is so superior to Mendy, its not even worth bringing him into the discussion. As for replacing with Ake, no thanks.

My only wish for Zin, is that he gets his head up a little quicker when he gets the ball. He has so many opportunities to play the ball in behind, but he invariably holds on just that split-second too long and the opportunity is gone.

I don't know how some cannot see the improvement in his defending. A couple of seasons ago, he was very very dodgy from a purely defensive POV. Now he is as solid, if not more so than any of our full backs. I don't know the exact stats, but I would be amazed if he has made more mistakes leading to opposition goals then either Walker or Cancelo and currently he is so superior to Mendy, its not even worth bringing him into the discussion. As for replacing with Ake, no thanks.

My only wish for Zin, is that he gets his head up a little quicker when he gets the ball. He has so many opportunities to play the ball in behind, but he invariably holds on just that split-second too long and the opportunity is gone.

He’s stronger and fitter. Beat Traore in the air numerous of times last night.
I would go with Walker Dias John Ake but I trust Pep that he will select the best from the options available to him. Zin will be exposed vs PSG, but I do hope I am wrong. Zin to me is a more of attacking option in the midfield than defensive cover
Quite a few on here have been saying for months he’s going to exposed by a team. When we played Liverpool at Anfield, some were shitting themselves at thought of Salah running at Zinchenko. He had him in his pocket pretty much all game.

You would play Ake against PSG ???? Ake who played 32 minutes v Leeds and not a full game since December ???. How many games has he played at left back for City ?. This explains your lack of appreciation for Zinchenko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.