#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spamming crosses that aren`t cut back from the by-line and haven`t turned the defense so they are facing towards their own goal is a waste fucking of time.

Crossing the ball from halfway in the opponent half is shit and a defenders ball.

Zinchenko is dog shit, I`ve never seen a wingback that only cuts in passing back or sideways. Last night his lack of forward play nullified our left side. He offers no help to the wide man to beat the defensive cover.

He`s a lovely lad though 8-(

He's just not a fullback and it's as simple as that. He's played there because Pep needs someone who will stand in the right places and is competent in tight spaces but I'm struggling to think if he has any of the traits you want to see in that position. Ake will be much the same (although much better defensively and not on the same level in possession) in that he's never going to bounce up and down all game and whip in beautiful crosses. Mendy is absolutely shocking at retaining possession in tight areas. I do wish we got Tagliafico in the summer but Cancelo has looked really good there this season. They still all feel like stop gaps, though.

He's just not a fullback and it's as simple as that. He's played there because Pep needs someone who will stand in the right places and is competent in tight spaces but I'm struggling to think if he has any of the traits you want to see in that position. Ake will be much the same (although much better defensively and not on the same level in possession) in that he's never going to bounce up and down all game and whip in beautiful crosses. Mendy is absolutely shocking at retaining possession in tight areas. I do wish we got Tagliafico in the summer but Cancelo has looked really good there this season. They still all feel like stop gaps, though.

That`s the problem. I don`t think he stand or moves into the right spaces. My opinion I`ve had since I first saw him play hasn`t changed. No matter the level of opposition he`s face he always acts as an anchor to our offensive intent, while looking average at best against poor opposition.

As I`ve said he seems a nice lad and well like but this is about the team and imo he makes it struggle.

Shows how good Sane was making him in look half decent at left back for almost a season.

Hard to criticise him though when we all know he isn’t a full back.

Shows how good Sane was making him in look half decent at left back for almost a season.

Hard to criticise him when all know he isn’t a full back though.
I`ve posted this before.The lad is a supposed midfielder and therefore should be able to pass to a team mate or make a half decent cross.I lost count the number of times he never got it past the first defender.Never seen any player make a back pass as often as him.
He`s plain dogshite.

im not one to slag players off, but he was a waste last night, every time he got the ball and it was in acres of space he didn't do anything with it, needs to really up his game

I'm not having a go at you, but I think it's probably time to retire this line. It's the only position he's played for us, is the position he's played the most as a professional, and Pep has shown no inclination to play him anywhere else. He is a fullback now, just unfortunately not a very good one, so it's pretty unclear why he's even on the team.

Last edited:
im not one to slag players off, but he was a waste last night, every time he got the ball and it was in acres of space he didn't do anything with it, needs to really up his game

This was just completely the wrong type of match for him.

He can be really good at LB when we are playing sides who press a lot in midfield and having an extra midfielder who is very good on the ball, and can help get around the press makes a big difference.

But against a parked bus he offers nothing. Yesterday we needed a proper left back who will get in behind like Mendy, but the problem is we also needed that vs. Burnley and Olympiakos, and might well need it against Fulham.

I'm not having a go at you, but I think it's probably time to retire this line. It's the only position he's played for us, is the position he's played the most as a professional, and Pep has shown no inclination to play him anywhere else. He is a fullback now, just unfortunately not a very good one, so it's pretty unclear why he's even on the team.

I can't say I agree. He wasn't a left back before he joined us, still wasn't when he went on loan, wasn't a left back when he came back, still isn't a left back for his national team and will more than likely not be a left back when he leaves.

I get what you're saying but the fact of the matter is that he has never been a left back outside of anything other than necessity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.