#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title winning sides have players like this. They’re invaluable.

He’ll probably never be our automatic starting left back long term, but I love his attitude and I think it shows a lot about his personality that he just grinds on with things with ultimate determination no matter how long he’s been out of the team.

He spent too much of the game in the floor slide tackling the other night, although, thankfully, pretty much all of them came off. Played really well last two games, so much so I’d rest him against Birmingham and start him next week.

Yea, bacon face had his phil neville's and john o shea's

If he can just 'do a job' (which he is doing), then that's fine. He loves it here, he seems a good character and he seems happy to play the squad player role, so sign a proper left back in the summer, kick mendy out and go with the new left back and Zin next season

Yea, bacon face had his phil neville's and john o shea's

If he can just 'do a job' (which he is doing), then that's fine. He loves it here, he seems a good character and he seems happy to play the squad player role, so sign a proper left back in the summer, kick mendy out and go with the new left back and Zin next season
getting rid of mendy is easier said than done. On zin i think hes fine as a back up but he no where near good enough to be first choice.

getting rid of mendy is easier said than done. On zin i think hes fine as a back up but he no where near good enough to be first choice.
Agree. Zinchenko is a good back up.
I think Mendy has to go and be replaced with a top quality left back.
Mendy would be an expensive and unreliable back up unless his fitness level returns.

Agree. Zinchenko is a good back up.
I think Mendy has to go and be replaced with a top quality left back.
Mendy would be an expensive and unreliable back up unless his fitness level returns.
i am bit worried the club will be to scared to sell mendy because of his fee but the main problem is finding someone who will take him on his wages.

i am bit worried the club will be to scared to sell mendy because of his fee but the main problem is finding someone who will take him on his wages.
True.
Probably get 20m for either Zinchenko or Mendy.
I think we'll have to take the hit with Mendy. Love to see him get back to full fitness but can't see it happening.
West Ham sold Haller today for a little over 20m and had paid 40m plus for him
He wasn't living up to their expectations and decided to get rid now instead of having him hanging on at the club.

True.
I think we'll have to take the hit with Mendy. Love to see him get back to full fitness but can't see it happening.
He wasn't living up to their expectations and decided to get rid now instead of having him hanging on at the club.
no chance we get a fee for mendy mate no one in their right mind would pay for him with his wages and injury record. We would struggle to give him away without covering some of his wages.

You dont think united and chelsea tried to target him?

They obviously tried, and both teams have fast wingers, but the combination of the offside trap, Zinchenko more confident in cutting out space for wingers, and very importantly, Dias on his side means it's not that much of an issue.

On the plus, if we then get his passing as a benefit, which virtually no real left back can offer, then he is very well suited to this side.
His strengths outweigh his weaknesses most of the time.

no chance we get a fee for mendy mate no one in their right mind would pay for him with his wages and injury record. We would struggle to give him away without covering some of his wages.
Crikey, thats worse than I thought.
Looks like Mangala II.

True.
West Ham is a smart club. I like the cut your loses early philosophy. Best for both the player and the club sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.