#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You dont think we can find a better left back?
I'm sure we could but we haven't got a better one at the moment. I think he's grown into the role, he isn't a natural defender but he's a solid player and Pep trusts him. I would think Mendy would be moved on before Zinc but we'd have to spend a lot to get in a starter and not sure that's in the budget this off season. Ideally there would be an academy player who is nearly ready to step up.

I'm sure we could but we haven't got a better one at the moment. I think he's grown into the role, he isn't a natural defender but he's a solid player and Pep trusts him. I would think Mendy would be moved on before Zinc but we'd have to spend a lot to get in a starter and not sure that's in the budget this off season. Ideally there would be an academy player who is nearly ready to step up.

Either Mendy or Zinchenko need to be playing second fiddle,both players (when fully fit) are different in what they bring to the team,but unfortunately neither are top class.
Clearly we are doing brilliantly without that player presently but its still a hole that could be better plugged.As for the academy,no one springs to mind as being close.

We cannot afford another season without a left back .

Or what? We'll suffer a repeat of this season?

Besides, at this point Zinchenko is a left back for us.
Would you say the same about a striker? We‘ve done some good Elastoplast jobs in recent seasons but still need to always be looking forward and seeking continuous improvement.

That‘s no disrespect to Zinchenko, by the way, who’s a great lad.

We need a new LB, Zinchenko is low cost option but can we still offload Mendy? Mendy needs to go doesn't contribute much. Ans if were to considering selling, Zinchenko would fetch more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.