#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tactical analysis of the game last night -- the author highlights Zinchenko as the key for us. Most touches & passes.

Zinchenko is a brilliant footballer. He is essentially a playmaker, from the left-back position. I don't think you could find anyone better than him in world football at that position in our current system.

What a ridiculous five months he's had. From almost being sold to key player for Pep.

I feel like last night was the moment he became this team’s Zabaleta. Many teams will look at him as a weak link, but we’ll know how much heart and commitment he puts into every performance.
He is incredible for Ukraine (as their Captain) in an attacking midfield role. He has got better and better for City and we don't need a Left Back any more. He can also play Defensive Mid in my view.

It baffles me how any City fan could not have seen the gem that is Zinchenko. I don't even watch full matches of City honestly but I can see he is plain and simple a perfect fit to City's football style. You can actually permute the midfielders and attackers and our game would not look that much different. In contrast our tactics and style, with and without him is just completely different. Ever since Delph had that brilliant performance at LB in the 100 point season, I've developed a very strong preference for these types of LB's at City. What I find odd is he has never had a run of poor games all his time here yet a lot of his detractors never seem to be satisfied with his performances and always looking to undermine him. Sure he's had extended time off the pitch whether by injury or Pep not using him but when he does feature in the lineup it always at least a 7 for me.

It baffles me how any City fan could not have seen the gem that is Zinchenko. I don't even watch full matches of City honestly but I can see he is plain and simple a perfect fit to City's football style. You can actually permute the midfielders and attackers and our game would not look that much different. In contrast our tactics and style, with and without him is just completely different. Ever since Delph had that brilliant performance at LB in the 100 point season, I've developed a very strong preference for these types of LB's at City. What I find odd is he has never had a run of poor games all his time here yet a lot of his detractors never seem to be satisfied with his performances and always looking to undermine him. Sure he's had extended time off the pitch whether by injury or Pep not using him but when he does feature in the lineup it always at least a 7 for me.
Eureka !
Just anti Soviets mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.