Oleksandr Zinchenko

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by WallyA, 14 May 2017.

1. BigOscar

BigOscar

If he's not slow then he's just a lazy bastard then as people were running past him all game like he wasn't there and he never got even close to catching anyone. As for his fitness, I'm sure it will improve as it frankly couldn't get any worse. Never seen a player look so tired after an hour, especially considering he hadn't exactly been busting a gut to get back anyway. But the point being, fullbacks have to be the fittest players on the pitch and barring some kind of a miracle, that's not ever going to be him.

It's like expecting David Silva to play LB, it's just not going to work. He's nothing like Delph, who no one would doubt his athleticism.

2. MarsLlama

MarsLlama

3. Ric

Ric

Plenty of praise for Zinchenko from Guardiola yesterday:

“I decided to bring Aleks Zinchenko into the squad because he's training amazing,” said Guardiola, who said he would have played Zinchenko against Shakhtar Donetsk next week, had he not been forced to leave him out of the squad by Uefa rules.

“We arrived back at the CFA from Huddersfield on Sunday night after the game and he stayed to train in the gym alone,” said Guardiola. “That means a lot to me, because sooner or later he knows we are going to need him.”

“Normally he is an attacking midfielder but he can play winger or full back as well,” said Guardiola. “Against Wolves, who are first in the Championship and gave us a difficult game, he played full back and did really well.

“He is a talented player, so clear, so clean. The way he plays, his decisions are always perfect. As a young player I hope in the future he will help us.

“He is going to stay for the whole season with us because I have the feeling we are going to use him.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...otball-news/yaya-toure-news-man-city-13966476

4. BJL_City

BJL_City

interesting, Pep's way of not playing people then throwing them in left him a bit cold for the Wolves game I felt, if you're planning to use them then give them time. No reason for him not to rest Delph in one of the next 2 games then and give him a go if you have such faith.

5. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

I would like to see him get a few minutes in his real position.

He was really good in Holland, irrespective of the fact they dropped him like a stone. No idea what that was about but it wasn't because he failed to reach their level, he was their best player when I watched him, albeit he does struggle to get through 90 mins.

6. BJL_City

BJL_City

well it would provide width when Sane needs a rest, but Pep is either being strange or clearly doesn't fancy him doing that otherwise we'd have seen it at some point where Sane has been rested and Sterling has still played on the right.

7. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Tbh, I think Zinchenko is a no 8 or !0, rather than a winger, but he can play wide. He was the main midfielder when he briefly played in Holland, the guy everyone passed to & he was very much like Silva/KDB lite when he played there. Their players seemed to have total faith in him & looked to him to provide bits of inspiration. Then when their usual player for that role got fit again, they just dumped him immediately, & fucked him off out of the picture. Bizarre treatment.

I think Pep is trying him left back because we don't have anyone else available here from the academy, & he has much more attacking/crossing ability. Problem is, he has no great engine & isn't especially good at defending, as we saw v Wolves.

8. BJL_City

BJL_City

Yeah, I think he's being honed there because we're a Delph injury away from absolutely nothing. I can't see him getting in the crowded midfield, but really surprised if he's capable of LB to a passable degree that he can't cover for Sane and get a bit more game time, to allow us to still keep the width.

9. domalino

domalino

Regardless of Zinchenko's future at the club, it's great management for Pep to notice the extra work, reward him and then let the reason be known.

I imagine Tosin, Foden and any of the other fringe players will be incentivised to work even harder now.

10. Delphacito

Delphacito

Like the other I'd like to see him play as one of the 8s, maybe in the league cup.