Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've probably mentioned and argued this countless times but defensive midfield is his best position and he bosses it for Ukraine.

I'm a little surprised Pep hasnt tried him more in that position here, he played a few times against easy cup teams there, but those games were too easy for the whole team.

All the weakness we see as a LB are far less pronounced as a CDM too. Too slow for a LB but definitely fast and aggressive enough in CDM, atleast more than Gundogan.

I think what bugs me the most is not seeing his potential in that role for us. He will likely be gone, he may not be good enough, but I would have atleast liked to see it for myself because I like his character.

I've probably mentioned and argued this countless times but defensive midfield is his best position and he bosses it for Ukraine.

I'm a little surprised Pep hasnt tried him more in that position here, he played a few times against easy cup teams there, but those games were too easy for the whole team.

All the weakness we see as a LB are far less pronounced as a CDM too. Too slow for a LB but definitely fast and aggressive enough in CDM, atleast more than Gundogan.

I think what bugs me the most is not seeing his potential in that role for us. He will likely be gone, he may not be good enough, but I would have atleast liked to see it for myself because I like his character.
Agree with this. He has been superb for his national team in that position. I would have given him a run there at least.

Doesn't Zinchenko play CM for Ukraine? Don't they have another guy at DM?

Yeah, Stepanenko. A lot of people here are just parroting what someone else said.
They play:

Malinovskiy Zinchenko

Stepanenko

Doesn't Zinchenko play CM for Ukraine? Don't they have another guy at DM?
Well yes, I should clarifiy, he plays as a defensive midfielder, he plays with a CDM.

There setup shows a 1-2 midfield setup, but very often he plays deeper than his midfield partner to look more like a 2-1 midfield.

Think he'd be great in a single or double pivot, but not as an attacking midfielder imo.

I hope we sell him for his sake. He's not going to be under Pep's wing forever. There are only so few teams that can make use of the unique playstyle he's honing under Pep.

Is he going anywhere or is rumored to go anywhere? I haven't heard one. The reason we want him out because he is not that fashionable doesn't mean he will go. Why will he? I dont think this thread is needed now specially we are not after a LB as we have Mendy and now cancelo fighting for that spot. Plus last time he didnt go. WHy would he now?

If sell him and angelino and use the money to buy a decent left back who can actually defend.

Is he going anywhere or is rumored to go anywhere? I haven't heard one. The reason we want him out because he is not that fashionable doesn't mean he will go. Why will he? I dont think this thread is needed now specially we are not after a LB as we have Mendy and now cancelo fighting for that spot. Plus last time he didnt go. WHy would he now?
Maybe he wants to play regularly in his best position.

Are we really relying on Mendy and Cancelo at LB? Christ I don’t like the sound of that.

I don’t think he ia good enough at LB and only a good enough midfielder to be a back up so we might as well cash in If we can find a buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.