Olympiacos (A) - CL | Post-Match Thread

Yes accept job done BUT Im very very concerned at the lack of goals. We should have put at least 4 past that load of shite. I think the job done tonight is covering up serious problems up front.

Rarely troubled and job virtually done. The now persistent lack of goals is an issue tho. We just seem to lack that player who can pick the lock of right defended. Not many of those about tho, admittedly. Enter Mr Messi for an 18 month cameo?

Away win in Europe with a clean sheet, job done. Minutes in the legs of Stones, Mendy, Zinchenko Ferny and Aguero plus Doyle came on for a few minutes. KDB and Walker didn’t even travel plus Laporte and Torres had a break. All in all professional night’s work. All the moaners on here should really fuck off back to their own teams’ boards or if they really want to moan watch reruns of our games under Pearce.

Here's a nice piece about Tommy Doyle from Sandbach United, they think the world of him.

I live 5 minutes walk from their ground.

Class article, thanks for sharing.

Love stories like that and hopefully bodes well that Tommy has a sensible head on those young shoulders that will assist him in his career.

The BBC people are still cnuts though!

I'm becoming increasingly convinced a lot of people on this forum look for reasons to be unhappy and finding those reasons and bitterly complaining about them is the only reason they follow the sport at all.

Tonight we played well, it was a noticeable change from not creating anything to creating but not quite finishing some really fine chances produced by some really fine football.

Mendy had an absolutely excellent game, it was really noticeable how often he won the ball high up when Olympiakos thought they'd finally got the ball back and Pep was clapping and happily encouraging him on all game. It's amazing how whenever he plays, he is a massive part of the game, all our attacks went down that side and involved him in the first half.

It was as comfortable a 1-0 win as you will ever see, I don't think Olympiakos registered a touch in our box until stoppage time. Stones looked really solid, Fernandinho, Zinchenko and Aguero made their returns and got some minutes, Tommy Doyle got his Champions League debut, we got a nice clean sheet, KDB and Walker got a well deserved rest and we didn't get any injuries.

Now we can look forward to a couple of games against fairly prestigious opposition in Marseilles and Porto with nothing riding on them, some kids getting minutes and more rest for the first team.

8/10, could barely have been planned better, just needed a couple of those great chances to drop in the net.
Yes we played well and I am generally positive but you cant hide the fact that scoring no more than 1 goal a match especially against shite like that is going to get us where we need to be. Infact I am very concerned cos if this goes on a lot longer we will be competing for no titles at all.

Away win in Europe with a clean sheet, job done. Minutes in the legs of Stones, Mendy, Zinchenko Ferny and Aguero plus Doyle came on for a few minutes. KDB and Walker didn’t even travel plus Laporte and Torres had a break. All in all professional night’s work. All the moaners on here should really fuck off back to their own teams’ boards or if they really want to moan watch reruns of our games under Pearce.
You have a point.

Great that we've qualified but our finishing is right up there with the worst sides at present, wtf is happening?. Jesus has no shooting power, Gundogan is just Gundogan shouldn't be missing the target from ten yards out, Bernardo no power, it's concerning. Where are the goals coming from?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.