Olympiacos (A) - CL | Post-Match Thread

People complaining about it being boring are totally missing the point of what tonight was all about.
In case you’re wondering, we did everything we needed. Nothing more nothing less.
I'm hoping that were in second gear.

How many of those 43 shots were good nailed on chances, the taps in we were scoring for fun 3-4 seasons ago.
Does it matter, or what is the point of dominating a football game and losing or winning by a goal, i.e. saturday and tonight?
What if they had sneaked 1 tonight after all our dominance.
Statements through goals should be made, after being the better side in 90 no 95% of our games

Nobody can possibly be happy with this team.

Some players are too comfortable about their position in the club. Sterling and Mahrez are perfect examples of that.
Agüero are on clear decline as injuries are coming regularly. Rodri is too slow in midfield and we have no one except De Bruyne who can be creative. I had hopes Bernardo would help him in that department but doesn’t look like it.

I honestly don’t know what is needed. Maybe Peps tactics are not really working all that well anymore. Not too long ago Mourinhos defensive tactics became obscelete but prior to that, he was one of the most successful in Europe.

I know it’s a win but who are the opponents... Not good enough by any standards.
Hide sharp objects

We made them look shit. They played us off the pitch 2nd half at Etihad
THat's what I thought. Keown was constantly moaning about Olympiakos but we were in their face continually. Out midfields hasn't done that this season but this time Foden and Bernardo were all over Olympiakos and they couldn't keep the ball or sustain any pressure. Not perfect because we didn't finish them off but it actually look like a Manchester City performance

Football doesn't work like that. Just because you score amount X against certain team doens't mean its going to keep repeating.
You are quite right, however, the trend is there. Creative gap appears no closer to being breached.

I`ve just picked this up from the Beebs website :

Nineteen-year-old Tommy Doyle, a former Sandbach United player, is coming on for the closing stages.

Taking the piss, confirms what's going on down there at Salford.

We looked comfortable, but need to work on our decision-making in the final third. We did a great job of closing them down though and so many of their misplaced passes were the result of our positioning and pressing.

Mendy needs to learn when to pick a cross rather than just blasting it every time (although I could have said the same thing at any point for the past three years). Aguero didn't look fit yet, although good to get some game time. Defence looked comfortable. Sterling didn't look amazing on the right, even though most have been crying out for that. A nice couple of moves with the full back or a midfield runner getting to the byline and cutting it back. More of that please. Foden looks confident to try things even if they don't always come off.

Oh and it's nice to go back to the days of getting kicked off the park and yet somehow ending up with more yellow cards.

Great to qualify

Stil have issues against stubborn sides, especially taking chances that present themselves

Let's not kid ourselves this side were utter dogshite, and offered fuck all going forward

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.