Olympiacos (A) - CL | Post-Match Thread

Mendy gets crosses in across the box with his left foot but most are shit.
I thought he put in a few very good crosses last night, they looked shit because nobody got anywhere near them, 2 or 3 went straight through the box without a City player being there, it doesn't help most of the forwards are midgets.

He did put a couple straight to the keeper as well, which weren't great, when he gets beyond the fullback to near the byline (and he did a few times last night) his crosses are OK, it's usually when he crosses from deeper that they are crap, but we have others just as guilty of that to.

I thought he put in a few very good crosses last night, they looked shit because nobody got anywhere near them, 2 or 3 went straight through the box without a City player being there, it doesn't help most of the forwards are midgets.

He did put a couple straight to the keeper as well, which weren't great, when he gets beyond the fullback to near the byline (and he did a few times last night) his crosses are OK, it's usually when he crosses from deeper that they are crap, but we have others just as guilty of that to.
I think his passing and crossing is the best feature of his game. His mobility and tendency to get caught out of position is the problem.

I have nothing against Fernandinho I just realise he is past it. That is now 4 games he has played in midfield in a row where he has looked poor.

My post was aimed at the large portion of posters who beg for him to be in the starting 11 every week.
In the last 2 games, both on return from injury, he has played about 25 minutes total.

I think his passing and crossing is the best feature of his game. His mobility and tendency to get caught out of position is the problem.
Like Walker and Cancelo he gets caught out of position because he's being asked to be that forward by Pep, because that's how he wants us to play, personally I like we really only have 2 defenders, full backs getting forward or coming into midfield etc, but it's not working just now because we can't score, and we end up losing our way. Last night, for a change, we scored first, and ruined their game plan, which was "wait till they get frustrated and then go long" to catch us out. Ederson barely had a touch, and we were still far from our best.

Crap performance against crap opposition, Foden put the work rate in so deserved his goal, most of our players were rubbish, but Pep should note that Cancelo is far better on the left than he is on the right, on the left he looks top quality but it is up to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.