Olympiakos (H) Post-Match Thread

And so it should. Haven't you heard? They cost £100m each, just part of the 2 zillion of the sheik's money (disguised as sponsorship) we have spent.
I know, but we are not as dodgy as that Coutinho deal of Liverpool's, supposedly Barcelona haven't paid half of it yet but the deal has financed the club since 1988. :)

Haha I think I covered this view in my previous posts. The last sentence alone shows exactly why we shouldn’t have been out of sight by half time.

Not seen your other posts and I don't have time to debate semantics around the word should...

We had 20 goal attempts and put 3 of them in the net. They barely had a sniff of our goal. Not my idea of flattery.

Based on this thread being only 22 pages long, I assume most Bluemooners thought we played well for most of the game and were worthy winners. We had a slack 30 minutes but 5 Live were overly critical of this.

I like the way Gundo is putting in crucial performers in the CL and Torres looks very sharp. The squad is getting stronger with Ake, Gabby and Stones now available. I would save Garcia’s next game until Arsenal in the League Cup.
I was hoping we were going to beat Arsenal in the cup

It was a competent display. Eddie didn't have a save to make in the 90 minutes because we were never under any real threat, apart from one horror moment resulting from a bad pass from Phil! Ake was calm and collected, his positional sense very good and he formed an excellent pairing with John Stones who also didn't put a foot wrong. KdB is still short of his best by some way but still good enough, Raz seems to have lost a bit from last season but Torres continues to please and it was good to see Gabby back - and what a goal! But the team was comfortably good enough for last night.

Eddie didn't have a save to make in the 90 minutes because we were never under any real threat,
They had one great chance in the second half but the forward hit it weakly and straight at Ederson.
If that had gone in it would have been a travesty but it just shows that at Chsmpions league level defenders have to be concentrating at all times

They had one great chance in the second half but the forward hit it weakly and straight at Ederson.
If that had gone in it would have been a travesty but it just shows that at Chsmpions league level defenders have to be concentrating at all times
Is that the one that Stones got a block on? Or a different one?

s that the one that Stones got a block on? Or a different one
It was a ball that bounced in the box and I think it was Ake that was nearest to it.
The attacker didn't connect fully but Ederson was well positioned

It was a ball that bounced in the box and I think it was Ake that was nearest to it.
The attacker didn't connect fully but Ederson was well positioned
Sorry I'm genuinely struggling to remember, are you sure it's not this one at about 2:50? This one Stones definitely gets a block on.

Sorry if I'm wrong here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.