Olympics 2012 opening ceremony

bluethrunthru

Just watching the re-run on BBC 1 right now ( that anti-British broadcaster ) - a phenomenal feat and such an enjoyable memory. Viewed in conjunction with the Imagine documentary screened earlier today you can get the effort, the desire, the nuances that went into this fabulous Danny Boyle production.

This ceremony and the achievements of Team GB in those games is for me the thing in my lifetime I am most proud of, the thing that we should all be so proud of to be British. Sadly, since then, its been downhill.

Just watching the re-run on BBC 1 right now ( that anti-British broadcaster ) - a phenomenal feat and such an enjoyable memory. Viewed in conjunction with the Imagine documentary screened earlier today you can get the effort, the desire, the nuances that went into this fabulous Danny Boyle production.

This ceremony and the achievements of Team GB in those games is for me the thing in my lifetime I am most proud of, the thing that we should all be so proud of to be British. Sadly, since then, its been downhill.
Watched the making of it during the day, what a feat it was to bring it altogether, one regret I have was never getting down to see some part of it.

I watched it last night and it was amazing. I don't remember it being that good which surprised me as I watch nearly every second of the Olympics.

Highlights from the actual games are on today, including Super Saturday.

I went to two of the football matches at the swamp, NZ-Egypt, Brazil-Belarus. Two games in one day, very enjoyable experience, and Brazil brought a strong team. Good memories.

Why?

I enjoyed the games but 'most proud of?'

I am proud of my kids if they do something special or meaningful not some pomp and ceremony and a few athletes grabbing a gold medal.

Why?

I enjoyed the games but 'most proud of?'

I am proud of my kids if they do something special or meaningful not some pomp and ceremony and a few athletes grabbing a gold medal.

Because it was a magnificent showcase for what GB could do - in the construction and provision of venues down to the performances of the athletes in the games. And it was all done in the name of peace - not going half way round the globe to fight a war.

It wasn't class specific - it wasn't colour specific - GB was open and inviting to the world and generations were inspired by events.

Because it was a magnificent showcase for what GB could do - in the construction and provision of venues down to the performances of the athletes in the games. And it was all done in the name of peace - not going half way round the globe to fight a war.

It wasn't class specific - it wasn't colour specific - GB was open and inviting to the world and generations were inspired by events.

But one of the proudest moments of your lifetime?

A bit strong for me tbh very pleasing and a good watch on the day they all won the golds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.