On This Day 13th May 1989: Bradford City (A) Promotion Decider

Driving a tram in Bpool, heard we were 1 0 down, then at the end an Inspector who was a blue flagged me down to tell me Trevor had scored and we were up. One of many games I missed through work and my mate had a spare Bradford end ticket.

Was at the Bournemouth game and at half time a someone was trying to sell tickets in the Kippax for the Bradford game.I was only a school kid but had the money for the ticket and could have scraped together the travel money, but being 3 up declined. Needless to say I was gutted at full time and ended up listening to it on the radio.
Was at the Bournemouth game (shudders)
3 nil up at half time and a giant Beach ball going round the kippax cos we thought we were up!
Luther Blisset had other ideas...typical City !!

Going back to the Bradford game , we have a lot to thank David White for as he created the goal for Morley with a fantastic burst of pace down the left ( his weaker side ) and cross for Morley at the far post..

A season later White did the same run down the inside left channel at old Trafford, destroying Steve Bruce to earn a penalty which Keith Curle took..Another famous 1-1 draw. .. White was electric on his day , practically unplayable , great to watch when he was on his game.

stories were all around Yorkshire of city fans wanting to buy tickets or storming the gates etc. look at some of the stories above (including mine) about how we used fake ID etc.
We had 4 games that had more fans at the game and no cordons where in place for either.
Deffo a result of Hillsborough

We had 4 games that had more fans at the game and no cordons where in place for either.
Deffo a result of Hillsborough
Hillsbrough would have made the police a lot more careful but the cordons were there because of the stories of ticketless fans travelling.

It was also the day of my first ever pitch invasion. I was in their Main stand,keeping my head down, courtesy of Bradford supporters club fc
Who we had played ,and smashed 12- 1 earlier in the day on a boggy pitch..at the final whistle I stood and clapped us and could see Blues were getting on the pitch...I waited and waited...then thought Fuck it..
my first ever pitch invasion, it felt wild.and so naughty, but I just couldn't hold back, not when so many other Blues had climbed the fences and got onto the pitch. It was a moment in time.Loved it !

Was at the Bournemouth game (shudders)
3 nil up at half time and a giant Beach ball going round the kippax cos we thought we were up!
Luther Blisset had other ideas...typical City !!

Going back to the Bradford game , we have a lot to thank David White for as he created the goal for Morley with a fantastic burst of pace down the left ( his weaker side ) and cross for Morley at the far post..

A season later White did the same run down the inside left channel at old Trafford, destroying Steve Bruce to earn a penalty which Keith Curle took..Another famous 1-1 draw. .. White was electric on his day , practically unplayable , great to watch when he was on his game.
My hero growing up. Telling people that and they cant understand as we have only existed since 2009

My hero growing up. Telling people that and they cant understand as we have only existed since 2009
David White finest hour....Aston Villa away , we played in White.
Absolutely slaughtered poor Villa 5-1 in their own backyard
White scored 4 goals.
No wonder villa fans hate us , nowt to do with Barry and Grealish..
It was that Tuesday night thrashing, when Manchester City smashed villa to bits.David White White White!!!!
Happy Days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.