On this day - a million on the streets

Gary James

We all know that some who support City’s rivals (both fans and those who write professionally in a negative manner about City) try to downplay our history. So today is a day we should highlight over and over again. I’m not someone who believes we should focus on activities for decades ago but I do believe we should challenge those that try to ridicule us or say we have no history.

So on this day in 1934 it was claimed City had a million fans on the streets welcoming the club back with the FA Cup. Full story and film here (The latest free article on my website):

I‘m sure it may surprise those who believe football history is all about certain clubs, who were successful during a period when we endured our worst ever period.

"History" means since the PL began for those who spout it except where their own successes are concerned. It's as boring as the empty seats nonsense as we have a long and proud history of record creating; good and bad!

Last edited by a moderator:
We all know that some who support City’s rivals (both fans and those who write professionally in a negative manner about City) try to downplay our history. So today is a day we should highlight over and over again. I’m not someone who believes we should focus on activities for decades ago but I do believe we should challenge those that try to ridicule us or say we have no history.

So on this day in 1934 it was claimed City had a million fans on the streets welcoming the club back with the FA Cup. Full story and film here (The latest free article on my website):

I‘m sure it may surprise those who believe football history is all about certain clubs, who were successful during a period when we endured our worst ever period.
Made up story I’m afraid, as City didn’t win anything before 2008, as you well know…………..

There's a difference between history & success & the glory hunters on social media are thus
Raggies don't mention pre '1992, dippers don't mention pre 1970 & Chelsea fans have no recollection of having 8k at Stamford Bridge before Mathew Harding bankrolled them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.