City Signed Georgi Kinkladze July 15th 1995

E E

ElleBla

July 15th 1995 City Signed Georgi Kinkladze:​

1657879619104.jpeg

In a list of Manchester City’s best players of all time written for The Times in 2009 Bluemoons Ric Turner described Kinkladze as “probably the most naturally gifted player I’ve ever seen at City”.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such happy memories provided by the Georgian Genius. Great day in our history for a generation of blues brought up with little to cheer or to be proud of.

Others, could have everything but they didn’t have Kinkladze.

Blimey 27 years ago!

Took my kids to his presentation to the fans and himgetting his Mercedes haha

What a player!

It was franny lee who signed kinkladze after watching a goal he scored for Georgia against Wales.Alan ball had nothing to do with the signing.

Saw his first game, at home to Tottenham. Early on Kinkladze floated a beauty of a pass, breathtaking it was, from the half way line, about 30 yards to where a City player would have been in on goal - if only anyone had had the vision he showed in making it. That was the story of his time with us. But he went missing too often and if he got clogged after five minutes of a game he did nowt for the rest of it.
Uwe Rosler scored for City against Spurs that day and if I had to choose between the two of them I'd pick Uwe every time.

In a list of Manchester City’s best players of all time written for The Times in 2009 Bluemoons Ric Turner described Kinkladze as “probably the most naturally gifted player I’ve ever seen at City”.
Says a lot about the last decade that I wouldn't have him in my top 50 these days!

It was franny lee who signed kinkladze after watching a goal he scored for Georgia against Wales.Alan ball had nothing to do with the signing.
Would Kinkladze have signed if former World Cup winner Alan Ball had not been the manager?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.