Once a Blue

You're all allowed to like or rate Kolarov, but let's not let blue-tinged nostalgia, and some genuinely nice words, erase the fact that he spent most of his career at City jogging back in a 'can't be arsed' fashion. Very good player when he wanted to be, but his attitude rightly annoyed loads of people at times. People are entitled to point out that he was a lazy fuck, revisionism isn't needed, but I do agree that he cared for the club. Just the kind of person he is I guess.

Great words though and he will always be a top blue.

Kolarov was what he was a defender that couldn't defend, but the fact that he was able to win two titles and play a large role every year he was at the club showed he brought something to the table. Edin was a great change of pace and having the ability to change things up won us countless games, but it's fair to say he wouldn't fit well into this team, but it's great to see him gain success elsewhere, both great guys and both gave the club much.

Really nice bloke Alex. Met him a number of times and very down to earth.

Hereford won promotion last night and ex-Bulls were tweeting praise. Save one or two places, I have warm memories of ex-workplaces and am interested to see what they’re up to.

Dzeko wasn’t flexible enough to play when a system wasn’t geared towards him. Would he ever have been in your ideal first XI? Tevez and Aguero started for me always. He did score some vital goals but wouldn’t have a chance in our team now.

Found Kolarov would neglect his defensive duties far too often. Southampton away was especially inept. Ditto United home in the FA Cup. He could certainly knock in a free kick though.

Always remember Kola scoring a cracking goal (not a free kick) away at Swansea, in torrential rain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.